4 | Girl in New Orleans

——— SELINA WATCHED AS DAVINA KNELT OVER ELIJAH'S BODY, removing the dagger, staring at it. Selina sighed. After a moment, Davina plunged the dagger back into Elijah's heart, making him dead. Selina turned to see Marcel watching her. Selina faded away to the bayou, where she watched as Thomas, Nathaniel and Jackson was surrounded by other wolves, enjoying the fire, and the food that an elder had made. They were in wolf forms, except Thomas, who stayed human, except during full moons where he was a wolf then. Selina turned to Nathaniel, watching him sadly. She knew his family was dead, along with his brother. Soon enough, Haley would be in his life. Forever.

Haley was wiping down the bar, when she noticed Klaus entering. She noticed Cami looking around, then up to him. "How is it that when you come up to me now, and no one is around besides Haley, I suddenly remember that you just told me you're a vampire, and you're mind-controlling me? And then you leave, and then I go back to thinking you're just some hot guy with a cute accent and money to burn on your sprawling memoir?" Haley giggled at her friend's words. Cami smiled softly at her friend. "I feel you, because I feel the same. Elijah compelled me not to say anything outside the plantation, unless I'm with a Mikaelson, or Hayley." She added in, with a frown. She turned to Klaus. Klaus looked at them in amusement, leaning closer to answer in a low voice. "Well, that's how compulsion works, love." He told Cami, but also telling Haley. Although, Haley was off limits, he tolerated her for Elijah's sake. "Yeah, but what's happening?" Cami asked, tilting her head. "Is it hypnosis? Are my neurons being shut down somehow?" Haley wanted to know, having being in the same major as Cami, with Art as her secondary. Haley shook her head. "No, it's actually opposite, my theory is that when Klaus compelled us, we have no control over what we do or say. Elijah compelled me, I know he was protecting me somehow. But my body couldn't say no. It's like I had to." Haley told her softly, glancing at Klaus, who was amused. "You're always the curious scholar." He told Cami. "Let's talk about Marcel." He gestured to the bar. "You said you have a little information for me." Haley took that cue to walk away from their conversation as she went elsewhere, with a small smile, picturing the two getting together in the future.

Hayley sat on the couch, flipping through a book. Agnes was sitting across from her. Haley walked into the living room, seeing Rebekah drinking from a bottle. Athena was typing on a laptop, at a table. Hayley turned to Athena. "For a girl who was in a coffin, you can handle a laptop fairly well." Athena glanced up, narrowing her eyes. "Lizzie taught me." She shrugged. It was true, Haley had taught Athena how to use one back in Mystic Falls. "Hayley, stop changing the subject." Agnes told her. Haley frowned, turning towards the wolf and the witch. "I told you, Agnes, I feel great." Hayley responded to Agnes. "You are overdue for a checkup." Haley had to agree with the witch. "What am I gonna do?" Hayley asked. "Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch. Nothing to see here." Haley rose an eyebrow, looking at Hayley with a curious brow. "A lot of women would kill to have a child." Rebekah told Hayley. "It strikes me as odd than you're not taking better care of yours." Haley bit her lip, hesitantly as she watched Athena and Rebekah. She wanted to ask a dumb question. "I know a doctor in the bayou." Agnes cut in, interrupting Haley's thought. "Off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." Haley glanced at Hayley. Hayley considered for a moment, rolling her eyes. "Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is. But Lizzie tags along." Hayley told her. Hayley has a sense of familiarity around her, like she would be protected. Haley nodded. "Of course, I wouldn't leave you alone by yourself." Haley added in. Athena narrowed her eyes at the Gilbert girl. Although, she didn't trust the witch. "Hm, I shall tag along, if you don't mind?" Athena more-of asked than stated. Like Hayley, Athena felt a familiar sense of comfort. Athena knew Haley from Mystic Falls, and Athena remembered that Haley never really tried to harm her or her family. Hayley, Athena and Haley followed Agnes out of the room. Rebekah sighed, looking at photos of the French Quarter.