Gratefulness and Heartbreak

Ace's eyes fluttered opened from the morning light that seeped through the window. He looked around at the unfamiliar room that he was in until he felt something shift beneath him. Liz was sleeping peacefully in his arms, causing the memories of yesterday to flow back into his mind. He felt a little better from Liz's comforting from the day before, strengthening his desire to try to prevent this arranged marriage between him and that girl from the Hashi family. It was such a terrible thought to him that even thinking of her name had seemed to summon her without warning, such as the case of right now. Ace's phone buzzed in his pocket, alerting him that he had gained a new message. He picked it up and saw a text message with various hearts to it and flirty emojis.

"What the?! How did she get my number!" Ace wondered. On cue, he started to get a call from the same girl that had texted him twenty seconds ago. Ace fumbled around before gently placing Liz on the couch and making his way out of her apartment, placing the phone close to his ear as he answered.

"Yes Merisa.....?" Ace asked sounding annoyed by the fact that this chick was calling him somehow.

"Oh come on now cutie, why do you sound so glum for." Merisa said with seductiveness in her voice.

"Cut the crap and get to the point. Why did you call?" Ace's eyebrow twitched.

"Jeez if you want to know so badly then I will tell you. I just simply wanted to remind you that we will finally meet in person at the banquette. I just wanted to tell you how excited I am since I heard rumors that you are quite the catch. I haven't seen you in six years." Merisa said.

"Is that all? Cause I really could care less when we meet in person." Ace harsh.

"Why are you having an attitude with me if I never did anything to you? We should work on building up this relationship since we will be husband and wife." She cooed.

"For starters, I am forced into this whole mess because of my poor excuse of a father and second, we aren't husband and wife and we will never be until it's officially confirmed." Ace snapped. He could hear a fit of laughter on the other side of the phone.

"You really must be in denial to think the signing will take place. I will make sure to show you a good time on our honeymoon but in the meantime, I will save this conversation for later. Bye now." Merisa chirped, hanging up the call and leaving Ace to stand in the hallway alone. Out of frustration he slammed his fist against the wall, shaking the necklace that his mother gave him before she passed........

Kuzuku's Place

Kuzuku had just got done with his work, leaving him with the entire day to himself. It was good for him to have some time alone but there was one problem. He was practically crippled and couldn't really do much. That was probably the main reason why he was now sitting at the couch in front of his T.V. That was when an idea came to mind.

"Hey wait, I can still teleport and go out. I don't have to try and fly my way to the city." Kuzuku told himself. He grabbed his crutches and got up slowly from the couch, motioning his hands to the top of his forehead and focused on the mass amount of Ki signatures that are swarming around the city. Once he found what seemed to be a secluded spot, he teleported to the area in a flash.

-Instant Transmission SFX-

The Saiyan appeared in what seemed to be a park nearby a fountain. He looked around to see if anyone had seen him and sighed with utmost relief. Kuzuku then started to make his way around the city, searching for a particular store in the process. That was when he stopped in front of a gift shop that seemed to be filled with numerous of people. Kuzuku's eyes glistened from finding the shop he had been looking for. He slowly walked inside and began looking.