Chapter 3

I cant believe that the story has gotten the reads that it has. Much love to you guys and know that I will update every 3 days. Thank you once again for all the reads and I will promise to keep delivering the story.

Mary POV

As I sat down on the floor across from my opponent Yuriko Nishinotōin. The head of the Traditional Culture Research Society and member of the student council.  I was intently focused until I noticed that my boyfriend and girlfriend Y/N and Yumeko stepped into the room. And as much that I hated Yumeko being here Y/N had the adverse effect on me and made me focus more. Still I kept my game face on as I was scowling until my concentration was once again broken by Yuriko.

Yuriko : There is no need to scowl, doing so will make you look older. Now lets just gamble shall we.

Mary : Son of a bitch it's not like this game is to hard to play. Just pick the right number. But why does it seem like she has a huge advantage. Unless shit isn't going my way, this old looking hag is cheating. So maybe she's just fucking with me to embarrass me.

So as a last ditch effort I bet all of my chips and she put the amount to match mine. As the student overseeing the game put the swords into the cup and slammed it into the ring. As she counted down I placed my bets. She did the same not knowing that she fell for my trap so that she couldn't cheat.

As the cup rose, I was excited to see that one of the swords had landed on 22 which was one space I had bet on. However the judgement was death. Meaning that I lost. After doing the math the total of how much I lost came up 49.6 million chips.

Yuriko : It was a nice game Mary, I will tell you in due time how we intend to collect the money that you owe. Now get out of my sight because I'm done with you....loser *creepy smile*

I screamed and started to walk out of the room until I ran into an obstacle. I saw Y/N looking at Yuriko with a cold stare. He then pet my head and gave me a kiss on the forehead and then spoke to me.

Y/N : Stay here.

Yumeko then held my hand and I wanted to yank it away from her because she was the one who put me in this difficult situation but I just wanted some peace so I let her hold my hand.

Y/N POV

I could see that Yumeko was interested in playing against Yuriko. So I explained to her that housepets can challenge anyone to a formal match so they could stay alive whilst they swim in debt. As I spoke to her Yuriko approached us.

Yuriko : Yumeko Jabami I assume? My name is Yuriko and I am the head of this club I would like for you to join me in a match.

Yumeko : That sounds like an excellent idea.

Y/N : *Slams head into wall due to Yumeko's answer*

Mini Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Mary rubbing Chibi Y/N's head.

I sat alongside Yumeko with Mary sitting in my lap as we watched how Yumeko and Yuriko start the game. Yuriko then explained the game.

Yuriko : Life or death. First ten small swords are put into a pot and slammed onto a table with 30 numbers. While that happens we have 10 seconds to place our bets on the table before us. Once time is up, the pot is lifted. If a sword lands blade up its life and you get 30 times that amount. However if it lands blade down its death and you pay 30 times that amount you bet to your opponent.  Whoever has the most at the end of the match wins. But to make things interesting lets bet big.

Yumeko : Very well how about 40 million Yen.

I facepalmed as I could see that Yumeko was not thinking with her head. Mary looked at Y/N and checked on him.