1.10

"Good morning, my lady." 

The maid swings open the heavy curtains, letting light shine into the room. Blearily, Liliana blinks at the bright light and at the shadow of a figure now standing in front of it.

"Hello..." Liliana trails off as the maid before her curtsies. "I am Kendall, my lady."

"Sorry, I didn't know," Liliana nervously laughs and the petite redhead shakes her head. Liliana looks the girl up and down. The girl was quite plain, save for the freckles covering her body which lead down to a thin silver ring flashing on the maid's left ring finger. 

"Do not worry, it is an honor to serve you today," Kendall responds. "I know you've been given a rotation of maids until a permanent choice was to be found, and here I am."

Liliana nods and sits up. "Well, thank you," she yawns out. Kendall smiles softly at Liliana.

"I'm very happy to serve you, my lady. Now, I shall help you prepare for breakfast."

It's been a few weeks since Liliana has arrived at the castle back in Terria and things have been hectic. On the day she had arrived at the castle, Reginald called for the wedding to be on the Spring Solstice that was seven weeks away at the time. Today, it was a little less than a month away. Liliana was very involved with the ceremony and had the guest list filled with the highest nobles to the common duke in the country. All had already RSVPed within the first week. 

After all, no one wished to be on the King's bad side.

And that's what made Liliana all the more nervous. Shortly after she had arrived at the castle, and by shortly she means the very next day, the King had been murdered by an assassin, leaving the Fourth Prince to become King. All the other brothers were already dead or had fled the country and left behind only one prince, the sole heir: Reginald. The new King ensured Liliana that he'd still have enough time for her and visit her every night before bed. The two always dined for breakfast, lunch, and dinner together as well, but most of the time Liliana had to visit his office to dine with him because he 'kindly' asked her to visit there every day. 

Liliana also wrote home to her mother and father and ensured them she was fine. The two had come back home from traveling after they found out their daughter was missing, and Liliana would see them again upon her wedding day.

Liliana wrote to Amelia too, ensuring her that she was fine after being kidnapped and not to worry. Amelia's whole response letter was filled with questions about the 'kidnapping,' which Liliana answered to her heart's content. Liliana didn't send an invitation to Amelia to keep her safe.

Kendall quickly helps Liliana dress for the morning before escorting the future Queen to Reginald's office. Today's outfit was a long sleeved plum dress that covered her from her neck to her wrist to her toes, which is a bit unusual for Terrian normal fashion standards. In fact, Liliana's entire closet was very conservative. Usually, dresses were lower cut or had shorter sleeves, especially so close to Spring when it was getting hotter out.

 Liliana enters the office, seeing him standing by the table, waiting. Liliana doesn't know for how long he has been waiting, but he's always like that when she enters.

"Hello, dear," Reginald greets, stepping forward to give Liliana a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello," she smiles back as he pulls out the chair for her. Liliana sits down and Reginald piles lots of food onto her plate.

"Don't forget to eat it all, you should gain back all the weight you lost," he advises and Liliana gives a small smile. "You're too caring, Reginald."