Ch. 20

What Happened To You?

"You're back!" As the two walked into the Senju household, having walked back at a leisurely pace thanks to some "maiden", Hashirama got up from the couch to greet them.

"I know, I'm surprised to. Tobirama seemed like he was going off to escape and become a traveling hermit after the crazy lady told us about moving to Konoha!" Next to him, the white haired man shivered, the thought of that vile perverted creature living anywhere near them.

"Yeah, should've mentioned that. Oops." Tobirama gave a long hard glare at his older brother who gave out an akward laugh.

"Oops? Do you really think this situation can be resolved with you saying oops? That women will rape me one day and all you have to say is "oops"?!" A laugh escaped Naruto at the familiar situation. Sasuke, Neji, and every other good looking prodigy always seemed to have this conversation. Fangirls, amirite.

"I have to meet up with father and discuss some... arrangements. Naruto, that spar you promised me will have to be reschedule." The blond gave a loud "aww" in disappointment.

"Fine. C'mon Hashirama, let's talk! I haven't talked to you at all!" The brown haired male smiled brightly, nodding and waving at his younger brother.

"Ja ne, Tobirama." Tobirama nodded and looked at the retreating backs of his brother and Naruto, a bubbling sensation slowly making itself present as a frown became etched on his face. He's never felt this before, and he didn't like it. Why would he feel this burning sensation directed at his brother?

He decided to shake it off and go talk to his father, trying to forget that strange feeling.

"So what have you been up to, Hashirama?" Naruto asked, hands folded behind his head as he walked next to the now long haired male. If he remembered correctly, his time's Hashirama had long hair that extended to below his waist while this one had it just above. Well, he was younger right now so it was no suprise.

"Nothing much. Both my father and Madara's father have been teaching us to become the next leaders of Konoha but if you ask me, I'm not intrested in the title." Now out of all things, this was the most suprising. Hashirama not wanting to become Hokage? Sure the title hadn't been come up with yet but he was the, planned to be, future Shodaime!

"W-Why not? I'd think you fit the role."

"Really? Everyone tells me I'm not serious enough to become one of the leaders." A forced laugh escaped the other as they stopped by his room.

Now he understood. Unlike Madara, Hashirama had always been a bit playful and childish. He was rarely serious which was most likely why everyone didn't think he was fit to wear the mantle of the next leaders. He could tell the man wanted to but believed the words of everyone else more.

"Well, you can be childish at times..." Hashirama went into his depressed mood, head hanging low. Of course he was. It wasn't his fault he was like that by nature.

"...but I think a Hokage has to be strong and kind. He is the protecter of Konoha and must love the village as much as the village loves him. You fit the role perfectly!" And he knew it was true. After all, he wouldn't have been called the God of Shinobi if he was a terrible Hokage.

"Hokage? Did Madara mention that? I told him not to, how embarrassing." Embarrassing? It was such a cool title! One he chased for his whole life.

"So! It's super cool! The Shodaime Hokage, Senju Hashirama! Now that's something many kids will look up to!" And he knew this as a fact.

"Really? Do you really think that?" He opened the door, letting Naruto step in and find a good spot to sit. The blond nodded as he sat down on the wooden floor, Hashirama sitting next to him.