Ch. 22

At Fault

"There's no way he attacked Izuna!" Hashirama yelled out at the glaring Uchiha. Yeah. His brother would never. This was all just a big misunderstanding.

"Then tell me why he is lying in a hospital bed with a wound from that Senju's cursed katana?" They became quiet at the question. Tajima, though, opted to take his leave along with Madara who actually looked like he was worried.

"Tajima, wai-" Butsuma tried speaking up but was ignored by the man. The closing of a door was the last sound made in that room before everyone left.

_____________________

"What the hell Tobirama!" The white haired teen looked up to see his brother's angered face, before looking down at the wooden hospital floor. Having been closer to the Senju clan's grounds, Tobirama had taken Izuna who was bleeding profusely to one of their medic-nin. He wouldn't be surprised if a mob of Uchiha came down to their compound to get the "prince" of the Uchiha clan.

"What did you do?"

"I-I..." Hashirama forced the other to look up, grabbing him by the black cloth of his turtleneck shirt.

"I would never peg you to do such an irrational thing! We're this close to obtaining peace and you go and almost kill Izuna!? What the hell!!" The other stayed quiet. What could he say? They would never trust him enough to hear him out.

"Hey, you guys?" The familiar voice made the long-haired man turn at look at a mop of blond hair who had come out of Izuna's room.

"What are you doing to Tobirama?" He gulped slightly, before shaking his head. Now wasn't the time. He...was going to be the Hokage soon.

He needed to take matters seriously.

"What does it look like? What Tobirama did was unforgivable. He might as well have caused the fire between are two clans to reignite." Hashirama let him go before turning to look at the door where Izuna was, not wanting to look at his brother. Naruto's gaze switched between the two. Between the enraged look from Hashirama and the guilty look from Tobirama, he didn't know for the first time during his entire time here, what he should do.

So he went with his gut.

"Tobirama. What happened?" The male looked up with wide eyes. Someone was actually asking him what had occurred. Naruto trusted him enough to hear him out? It seemed too good to be true.

"I was- no, we were sparring. And he used the Gōkakyū while I used my Suiryūdan. A bunch of vapor came up and I used my Hiraishin to end the spar but I couldn't see and he didn't move and I thought he would-" He let out a shaky sigh, trying to calm his nerve. It won't do him any good.

"I...hurt him. I..."

"And what? You didn't mean to?" Madara's sarcastic voice interrupted him.

"That's a lie. We all know you attacked him out of your petty revenge. I thought you Senju were over it!?" Madara glared, sharingan spirling in anger.

"How dare you accuse me!!" Tobirama stood up, hand inching closer to his kunai. Hadn't he apologized enough? He didn't mean to. Yet they still didn't believe him.

"Accuse you?! You did it! You should pay for what you did to my brother!" There was a heavy atmosphere around them as the two glared at each other with such intense hate.