Chapter II

Viktor's POV
As soon as we sat down in the dark limousine I began to feel uncomfortable. The man that had called out to us sat in front of us. His hat sat upon his head, the same eery shadow falling on his face in a very unfriendly way. A woody smell also came from him. It threw me off, to be honest. Such a homey smell coming from a guy that did not look like anyone I should be trusting.

Yurio plopped down beside me in a very aggravated manner. As soon as his butt had touched the seat his arms were crossed over his chest, his jaw set in a tight line I could see from beside him. The short blonde's hair fell in between us. I could no longer see the glare Yurio seemed to send out every second of the day.

"Yurio, buckle your seatbelt." The man in front of us rasped out. His voice was low and gruff in tone, making him sound like some sort of lumberjack. Perhaps the forest scent led me to a biased opinion.

Yurio did not seem happy about having to listen to the male. An almost hiss seemed to leave his lips before the short male quickly grabbed the seat belt and strapped himself in. It was a movement hard to catch, so graceful in nature and quick in intent. That teen was one I did not want to mess with.

"I don't see why I am stuck in a car with two dogs!" Yurio hisses out. His tone and gracefulness suddenly reminded me of our house cat back at home. Ginger - the orange tabby cat we owned - hated my guts more than anything else. She hated me so much she would dart out of a room as soon as I stepped into it. It didn't matter if I was holding food or even a treat for the little thing, she still hated me. "It's unnerving."

"Do not speak of those things until we get to the school. Viktor is a transfer from a public school in Russia. They sent me to make him more comfortable and paired him with you for obvious reasons." The man replied to Yurio in a short voice. To me it seemed as if he didn't really want to be talking to Yurio. His voice seemed to almost growl as he spoke to the catlike blonde, his nose turning away from both Yurio and I to look out the window. Silence seemed to be his strong suit.

I took that as a cue to speak, and turned to Yurio in almost confusion. He was still as unmoving as ever. In fact I would compare him to a statue of I could. Skin as pale as marble and muscles defined on a lean body that made the short male look like a model. His blonde hair even seemed to stay in one place, strengthening the analogy. For a moment I imagined Yurio's chest as still as a rock. Like he wasn't breathing.

"You called me a dog a few moments ago and back at the airport you said I reeked of Wolf. What's up with that?" I asked, my voice sounding almost out of place amongst the two complete opposites in the car. One was a high, almost squeak like noise while the other was a low growl. Mine fit right in the middle. The pitch was on the lower end, but not enough to sound manly in any shape or form. It was normal. Plain. Fit me perfectly.

Yurio turns to me with a scrowl on his face. His nose scrunches up, ruining the perfect stone-like perfection of his face. Green eyes were suddenly set on me. Thankfully he was the one having to look up at me. Yurio looked once more like a fire just waiting to start. Even knowing the teen for a few moments I could already tell he was a handful.

"Just as I said, you reek of wolf! At least he has the decency to cover up his scent. Get some were-be-gone or something." Yurio huffs and looks out the window. His crosses arms seemed to tighten for a moment, tension rising in Yurio for a moment. Out of anger or something else I was not certain. What I was aware of was the two small words that left Yurio's lips. "Stupid Alpha's."

The words were all but whispered. It seemed as if Yurio didn't even want me to hear what he had to say, but I had. The word confused me even more than I had been. My back hit the fluffiness of the leather seat as I mill over what had been said to me. Emotions swept over me like cascades, making tears well in my eyes for a few seconds before I could push them down.