Chapter V

"You're a werewolf."

Viktor's POV

For a moment I was silent, my eyes glued to the elder man sitting in front of me. Unlike one would expect after such a joke he was simply sitting there. No smile was to be found anywhere. It made me uneasy.

"Good joke, sir..." I laugh rather awkwardly. The hollow sound bounced off the walls and seemed to only magnify my confusion.

Werewolf? Werewolves don't exist. They are just fantasies girls daydream over when they're bored.

"It's not a joke." The elder stood from were he had taken a seat. My stomach drops at his words. I could even feel a cold sweat break out on my forehead.

My blue eyes follow the elder man as he steps out from behind his oak desk, golden dragging my attention from everywhere else. Suddenly the odd color made sense. If he was a werewolf...

No! You can't be serious! I blink, turning my head from the elder man and the odd thoughts he rose in my mind. This was all crazy. Werewolves don't exist. They couldn't?

"You're aggressive." Suddenly the elder was right beside me. His golden eyes once again drew my own, the depth in them shouting wisdom. This man had seen a war. "You're tall. Strong. Sometimes you hear a voice in your head that tells you to do irrational things. You have ADHD and can't bother to try and sit still for more than ten minutes at a time. Even if you don't work out you're unusually strong. All of these things before you've even shifted for the first time..."

A shiver runs down my spine at his words. He was describing everything I've ever faced. School had been terrible. Everywhere I turned there was a need to be moving; a need to be running. I had barely been able to pass ninth grade.

"Normal medicine has never worked for you. No matter what doctors give you, it never helps. It's a good thing you can't get sick either." My eyes widen at his statement, hands gripping at the sides of my shirt in fear. My friends had always pointed out how odd it was I never caught so much as a cold. "You can't sleep on full moons, and on new moons your body gets so tired you can barely roll out of bed."

The man was now leaning over right beside my ear. Every word he uttered sent a cold brush of fear through my body. How was he so spot on with everything? This was all too much to believe in. He was just lying to me.

Looking into golden eyes, however, made it hard not to believe every word he said. The tough air he leaked didn't help all that much either. I felt my muscles tense as my mind tried desperately to keep up with what this man was telling me. I couldn't. This wasn't real.

"You're crazy." I suddenly hiss. My boy acted before my mind could, pushing away the elder's hand as soon as he shifted his paralyzing gaze from mine. Without the hold of those golden eyes I could love freely. Whatever he was trying to do wouldn't work on me! "Werewolves don't exist! What are you going to tell me next hm? Vampires are here to suck my blood? Witches are gonna cast a wicked spell on me? You're mad!"

My hands connect with my silver hair as I back away. Panic was slowly taking ahold of me with all this new information. It was like a flame of battle had been lit inside my mind.

On one hand, I was refusing the possibly of the supernatural with everything I had. Just the thought of something so absurd had most of my conscious laughing. For the most part I was riding this man off as the next patient to the loony bin.

Some small part of me couldn't do that. Like a small fire started by kindling, my mind was slowly putting pieces together. Yuri's comments, the odd things in the store, even all the signs before I had came here. This man obviously knew something I didn't. Even though he hadn't talked to me for more than a few moments he seemed to know my life down to a T. All my struggles were laid down on the table by him.

"I thought you would say that." The elder man offered me no smile as he sat back down on the edge of his table. I had to admit, without the cloak the man looked powerful. Muscles pressed against his shirt and his scars gave the affect of history. He looked badass. Definitely not like a ninety something year old man. "So let me introduce you to someone."

The elder man raised his hand only a small bit before the door behind me flung open.

"I am here!" My head snapped in the direction of the rather obnoxious loud voice. At the door stood a very happy looking teen. He was taller than Viktor by the looks of it, his black hair combed but not slicked back. Tan skin and a large smile adorned his face as he stepped into the classroom. "I am Jean-Jacques Leroy and I shall be your guide!"

"Uh-"

"It's very nice to meet another alpha!" The teen was on me in an instant, his hand gripping mine without asking. "I'm so glad you're here Viktor. We've been needing someone else to balance out the omegas and-"

"What the hell are you talking about!" I pull my hand away from the annoying male with a growl. Anger flared through me at the loud talk about something I didn't understand. It made my eyebrows twitch and my hand clench into a fist with the need to punch some sense into this asshole. "Stop spewing words I don't understand! Tell me what's going on and tell me right now. None of this werewolf bullshit!"

Jean seemed shocked by my words. His grey eyes search over me for a few seconds, probably taking in the tense stature I had taken. My breath was even coming out in small gusts of fury.

"Ah. I see." Jean doesn't even offer me a glance before lifting his eyes to the old man behind us. He tips his head to the man. "I'll take him to the training grounds."

"Thank you, Jean." I heard shifting from behind me as the elder obviously moved. Though I didn't pay much attention to it, of course. My eyes were to busy trying to understand the person in front of me. He fed into this man's madness too?

Jean grabs my hand and pulls me towards the door, pulling up open before I could do anything about it. His hair fell in front of his eyes as he stepped out into the luxurious hallway outside the elder's room. "I know you have a lot of questions. All of us do. But as we start classes tomorrow the school doesn't exactly have time to slowly tip you into this life. The full moon is in a week. You aren't prepared for it and you don't even know the extent of who you are. So, I apologize in advance for what comes next."