Chapter III

Yuri's POV

"Have a nice day!" I call out to a costumer I had just helped. He doesn't look at me, simply taking the plastic bag I had given him and turning. Footsteps echo on the wooden floor as he walks away. Earbuds hung from his ears, obviously pushing the world away from him.

I scoffed as he pushed the door open and walks out of the shop, my elbow coming to rest on the wooden counter I was sitting at. Around me my aunts store was empty. Shelves upon shelves of seemingly useless things sat still and silent. Some were dusty and unused, others empty with the amount of material already taken from them.

As soon as a person would walk into my aunts store you would be hit by the strong scent of essential oils. My aunt was absolutely obsessed with them. Flowery scents mixed with strong woody scents, creating a wave of pleasant scents that engulfed you when you drop in for a visit.

Of course there was a reason for that.

Lining the back wall of the store were vials of deep red liquid. Wooden corks forced them to seal, labels underneath telling customers of its origin.

"Swine Blood"

Alongside the vials of blood say ritual candles. Some in odd shapes, others giving off weird smells of death or sickness or anything my aunt could imagine. Still others held special herbs mixed in to give a special affect.

Hung on the right - the candles sat to the left of the pig's blood - were skulls. Some had long snouts and large eye sockets while others were tiny in all features. Some even looked human.

They probably were.

That, of course, was only one section of my aunts store. Every aisle of this place held a new mystery. From true human blood - marketed as another form of swine blood - to unlabeled pills in a plain white bottle.

Of course, my aunt's store didn't represent a human vegetable market. It was a store of supernatural.

Every species was represented in its own way. All wrapped neatly and tightly into a small roadside oddball store, one humans avoided because of the odd people behind the counter. If our customers weren't friends of our own they were tourists looking for something to take home.

Of course I was here to look over it all.

I sat front and center of the tiny place, a stool underneath me. It was a rather cozy little space. With nothing behind me but a wooden wall and a radio sitting beside my arm I was always entertained with at least one small thing.

It was here I sat on one of my last days of freedom. Sunday was passing slowly, with little costumers to peek my interest. With the rain clouds outside plus the recent murder flying across every screen in town I wasn't surprised. Supernaturals tend to shy away from society when attention is drawn to them.

So I was left to myself for the most part. My fingers drum lazily against the wood counter as music echos through the store. Music of my own choice, of course.

Only when a small bell rang did I look up. My brown eyes scanned over a trio as they step inside, recognition flashing through my features as I catch a glimpse of blonde hair hanging low under green eyes. There was no mistaking the short punk vampire as he stepped inside my aunts cozy little shop.

"Yurio? What are you..." Another male walks in behind him. This one had long silver hair that almost hid his dashing blue eyes. A dark blue jacket hung loosely around his figure as he took steps inside. Compared to the shabby, dull background he looked like a god.

Until of course his smell hit me.

Even with all of the candles in the store reeking of their annoyingly natural scents I could smell him. His scent was heavy and musty. Dog-like.