Prologue

Ten years ago

I was running around the playground at the park holding my favorite paper airplane that I spent days designing.

My parents are at the side of the playground on the bench, having a deep conversation about whatever parents talk about.

I wonder how far my airplane can go.

I throw the airplane as hard as I could. I watched as it glides through the air zooming past the playground into the forest.

My eyes widened. That was my favorite airplane. I run to go retrieve it as fast as I could so my parents wouldn't notice I was gone.

After about five minutes I finally found it laying softly in the vibrant green grass.

Picking it up I was about to run back until I saw something fall with a hard thump in my peripheral vision. Snapping my head to the side I squint to see a bird on the ground.

I left the airplane on the ground and slowly approached it.

The bird was baby blue with white on its little belly.

Looking at it a little more the little bird was laying there still as a statue.

Bending down to have a better look my curly pig tails fell into my face.
Pushing them out the way I hesitantly touch the bird with my small finger.

Feeling no heart beat I sighed in defeat and was about to get up and walk back. That is until a tiny white light glowed under my finger and I felt the little bird jerk.

Pulling my hand away quickly I stared wide eyed as the bird got up and started flying away.

Watching the bird in awe I didn't hear the cracking of twigs behind me until the bird fully disappeared. Snapping my head towards the direction of the noise. Looking closely, there was a silhouette of a man beside a tree, which was getting closer by the second.

"Who are you?" I yell at the shadow.

It stopped and silence filled the forest before it spoke.

"I could say the same to you." A deep voice echoed from the woods.

"I'm Lux."

"Who would name their child Lux?"

"Excuse me Mister, but for your information it means light in German." I state matter of factly. Who does this thing think he is making fun of my name.

"Oh, little Lux has a attitude hm? Don't let it ruin that adorable little face of yours." It chuckles.

"Yeah, that's why you look like a piece of poo from here."

"You can't even see my face Ludypoo."

"It's probably too ugly to look at." I huff snatching my airplane from the ground.

"That was mean."It said.

"It was mean of you to make fun of my name." I said crossing my arms

"I wasn't, I just asked who would name their child that." I see the figure lean on the tree behind it.

"My parents."

"No kidding."

"They said it was a beautiful name." I argued.

"It's literally light."

"Then what your name then?" I want to make fun of his.

"None of your business." It teased.

"Rude, That not fair."

"Too bad."

Backing up, I turn around to run back to my parents because the thing was mean.

I hit something hard and was about to scream until I looked into forest green eyes that are identical to mine.

They were my father's filled with worry.

I looked to see my mom behind him with the same emotion. Turning my head back to see if the man was still there, he was no where to be seen.

"Lux what are you doing out here you could've been hurt, or worse! Kidnapped!" My mom yelled at me when she ran up to hug me.

"A big shadow man was making fun of my name, so" I started, but was interrupted by my father.

"Promise us you won't run off like that again, Lux." He stared at me intensely.

"I promise, Dad."

I sighed into my moms shoulder as she hugged me tightly. My mom and I both got up and all of us walked back to the playground. I turned my head back once more to where the man once was.

That was when I had a little feeling. That wasn't the last time I was going to see that man.

-------------------

Hi, it's the author. I'm proud to say that this is my first book that I've actually wanted people to read
(My other ones were trash)
I don't know if I should leave author's notes or not, should I?