Chapter 2

Kieron

Sitting at my desk I run through the files that I have yet to finish until I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."
I say continuing through the files of names in my hand. I hear the door shut and spot my business partner and best friend Lucius standing there.

"Need anything Luc because you are waisting my time." I look at him waiting.

"Kieron, I found her." He grinned while running his hand through his blonde hair.

My ears perk up.

"You did?" I look into brown eyes filled with excitement.

He nodded his head and continued "I spotted her in a black BMW at a stoplight." He sat down on the couch with one arm on the ledge.

I lean back into my chair with a wide smile. It's been ten years since I have seen her and her power. That was the day I taking a stroll on Earth in the forest until my eyes landed on a little girl with pig tails and one missing tooth.

I saw her bring something back to life in front of my eyes. I wanted to learn more, but her parents swept her away from me and I couldn't find her ever since.

Now curiosity fills me wondering if she can do more and become powerful.

I have so many uses for it.

For a certain someone more specifically.

I'm sick and tired of having to keep up with Earth two. It is tremendously draining.

Earth two is where all the abnormal and extraordinary creatures reside at. Something a regular human could not live in. I'd rather be human and have a peaceful life than this.

Luc's voice took me out of my thoughts " You want me to retrieve her, Kieron." He looked at me from the couch.

"No I'll go get her myself." I say swirling around in my chair.

Luc stood up and gave me a file. Confused I looked into it and my
Eyebrows raised.

Her name is Lux Altera and she's 20 years old now. She's gotten older than the last time I've seen her. No more pig tails with a missing tooth.

I scan through the paper and found her address in the bottom right corner. "I'll set out to get her on Monday." Luc looks at me carefully.

"Don't you think she'll resist?" He questions watching as I play with my pencil.

I looked at him and scoffed. "Who wouldn't come with me." I raise a eyebrow.

"Probably more than half of the human population." He chuckles. I glare at him. "Okay, you're dismissed get out of my face." I wave him off.

He laughed and walks out the door. I look back at Lux's file and read it again.

I look in my left drawer and take out a small airplane with pink and yellow scribbles all over it.

I grab my phone from my desk " Hey, Siri." I say into my phone.
I hear the little ding when it recognizes my voice.

"Put on my calendar 'pick up Lux' on Monday." She replies with " Calling Pizza Hut." I glare at the phone and I just did it manually.

Stupid phones, I swear we were better off when they didn't exist.

I rang up one of my maids and told them to prepare a room at my house for a female. With the essentials and all. Having almost everything set up, it's almost time to welcome Lux into the world of extraordinary.

First, I have to see her before that, just one good look.