Chapter 10

I wake up to hear Spice Girls Wannabe playing into my ear.

What the hell?

I lift my hand from the warm covers to turn off whatever is playing that.

It will not stop.

I lift my head from my pillow and turn  to the digital alarm clock to press the big black button on it. The song finally stopped.

I let my head fall back into the pillow and let my mind drift back to sleep.

The song goes off, again.

"Oh lord." I grumble into my pillow and get up to turn it off.

No more Spice Girls.

I take the time to actually look at the time and I almost fall out of bed.

It's freaking four in the morning.

I didn't know I had to wake up this early.

I slip onto the floor and just laid there.

The last time I had to get up at this time was for school because I was extra slow in the morning.

I get up and walk into the bathroom. Taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth I put on some leggings and a white loose shirt.

I take a look into the drawer by the sink to find a bunch of hair products. This is not bad.

I grabbed the brush and it easily glides through the nappy, thick thing you call my hair.

This brush is better than mine at home.

I decide to leave my hair out in a poof of curls.

I walk to the door to my bedroom and scanned around the hall for anyone.

The hallway was vacant.

I run back into the room and grab my blanket and my phone and walk back out.

I turn on my flashlight and make my way into the hallway.

I turn to the left and keep going.

This place is spooky when it's dark.

I walk for a couple minutes until I reach a door.

This door looks exactly like the one in the dining room. I examine it for a second before slowly pushing it open to see a kitchen. I am upstairs, so this must be a different kitchen than the one down stairs.

I flip on the light and let my eyes adjust. This place is stacked with all sorts of kitchen appliances and ingredients.

I love cooking as much as I love eating.

I looked around and grabbed bread and the rest of the ingredients to make french toast.

After about thirty minutes I am done cooking and now cleaning the dishes I used to prepare the food.

"What are you doing."

I try and catch the bowl that went almost flying out my hands. I quickly grab it and turn around to see Blue leaning on the island with his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. He just slithered himself in here without making his presence known

"Oh, Kieron I didn't see you there. I was just um, cooking?" I set the bowl to the side of the sink.

"There is another set of eggs and French toast if you want to eat." I pull out the stool from the island and sat down.