Chapter 1

Present

Hearing the retched sound of my alarm. I start to fumble with my covers to get a free arm out and turn off my stupid alarm on my phone.

Groaning, I slip out of bed and walk across barefooted on my cold, wooden floor into my bathroom.

closing the door I look into the mirror to see a girl with a pair of drowsy green eyes, caramel skin and a birds nest of dark curls waiting to be tamed.

I'm a mess in the morning. Actually thinking about it, I'm a mess all day everyday.

Sighing, I turned on the shower and stripped out of my clothes. I stepped into the shower and relaxed instantly. Next thing to do is tackle this nest.

Snatching my hairbrush off the counter I spend the next 15 minutes brushing my hair.

I'm so glad it doesn't go any further than my shoulder blades.

Looking at the time on my phone my eyes almost pop out of their sockets. I got thirty minutes until my nine o'clock client comes in! It takes me twenty minutes to drive there!

Running into my closet, I slip on a pair of light wash denim jeans and a black band T. I throw on some socks and put my hair into a messy bun. practically falling down the stairs, my parents stare at me in confusion as to why I'm all over the place.

"Morning!" I quickly say as I'm tying my black and white vans. "Woke up late again, I see." My dad chuckles in amusement while sipping his coffee.

"Haha. That is so funny dad." Sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"Honey, why don't you call them, and say you're going to be a little bit late." My mom tells me gently watching me with her maple brown eyes as I throw my keys into my purse.

"Mother, this client is new I got to make a good impression." I say. Running to the door I wave my parents goodbye and head to my car. Opening the door I throw my purse in and start the car. Backing out the drive way I speed my way towards work.

Jumping out the car, I locked it and dashed to the salon. Relief washes over me noticing that she isn't here yet. Jesus is so sweet.

Greeting the workers in the salon I walk into the back and throw on my apron smiling. Before I can even turn around I'm almost knocked over by my best friend jumping on my back.

"Alana, get off I'm going to fall over." I tumble the words out as fast as I can so I don't actually get crushed.

"You're no fun." I hear the pout in her voice as the weight is lifted off my back. I spin around to see Alana standing there arms crossed, pouting.

Her dirty dark brown hair is straight today and she isn't wearing heels. Thank goodness, because she already towers over me with her 5'8 height with me only being 5'3.

I smiled and asked. "Would you be a dear friend and tie my apron." I say sheepishly at her. She stares at my for awhile " Turn around." She sighs. I swirl around.

I hear the bell go off signaling that a customer has arrived.

I looked towards the surveillance camera and saw it was my new client. Patting Alana on the back I walk towards the front of the salon to greet my new client.