Chapter 3

Percy POV

We had to clean doxys out of the curtains today. As soon as we entered the room they went crazy. They began attacking us from all angles. They dive bombed and scraped use. Eventually we had no choice but to get out our weapons. In minutes they were all dead on the floor. The others were staring at us like we were ghosts.

"What the bloody hell" said Ron. His mum shot him a reproving glance.

Annabeth was about to reply when Thalia snapped her fingers

"You didn't see the weapons" the Huntress said. The wizard's eyes glazed over. 

"Why did they attack you?" Questioned Hermione

"That is information for another time, we need to talk" said Percy calmly before gesturing to the other Americans and leaving.

Harry POV

Mrs Weasley let us leave and hurried away to tell the Order what had happened. We wandered aimlessly until Hermione piped up

"This is their room, listen"

"What should we do" said Percy

Annabeth replied

"Stay hidden, they don't think we're a threat. Don't say anything suspicious. Don..." she suddenly stopped and walked over to the door. We froze and flattened our backs against the wall. She stopped and turned both ways. She saw us and glared, boy that was scary.

"Stop listening" she said "you only get wrong impressions".

We left and went back to our rooms.

"That was weird" summed up Ron.

"I wonder how she knew we were there and that we were listening," Hermione mused "they must have a secret, I really want to know what it is" she eyed the girls' bags considerately "I think we could have a quick look". She looked in Annabeth's first. It contained some t-shirts, pants, shoes, undergarments, and a Yankees cap. Underneath these was a stack of foreign coins and an empty spray bottle. She also had a phone and a photo album. The album was full of photos of her and Percy along with Thalia, Nico, Hazel and six other kids (Frank, Piper, Jason, Leo, Rachel and Reyna) there were also a few photos with a blonde boy (Luke). There were a few in New York with a man who was definitely her dad. A couple of them had an older man in a wheelchair (Chiron) and there was one of a woman who had Annabeth's eyes (Athena). (Tell me if I've missed anyone she should have photos of). Percy's case (he brought it in when he was comforting Annabeth) contained mostly the same but without the spray bottle. His album also contained photos with two other kids around his age (Grover and Tyson). His t-shirts all seemed to be damaged in different ways. There was nothing suspicious in the other cases either. No clues, yet.

Percy POV

Harry had to go to a trial today to see if he was to be expelled. When he returned we all clustered eagerly around him, desperate to hear what happened. When he said he got off Ginny, Fred and George started dancing around. Hermione let out a long breath and Ron gave Harry a bro hug.

We got our Hogwarts letters next. Ron and Hermione were made prefects and we had a party to celebrate that. Annabeth and I left early and went to our bedrooms . We found Mrs. Weasley sobbing over the dead body of Ron. We immediately realised this couldn't be real. The scene changed.

We stood in Tartarus, on the edge, the Mansion of Night below us. Around us were our dead friends. Luke stepped forward first

"You could have saved me" he said threateningly to Annabeth "if you had come with me I might not have betrayed camp"

Bianca stepped forward next "You could have stopped me. If you had gone into that automation instead maybe I would still be alive"

Annabeth and I had tears dripping down our cheeks. Zoë came next

"You could have saved me. If you had got ambrosia and nectar you could have saved me"

Annabeth and I were openly sobbing when Harry and some of the order walked in. Lupin saw the horrifying scene before us and spoke a word. Instantly the apparitions were gone.

"What the heck was that?" Harry asked aghast.

"Old friends" I replied wryly

"What was that place" asked Mrs. Weasly

"The pit downstairs" Nico said. Mrs. Weasley jumped.

"When did you get here" she asked

"Just now, I thought I'd help my cousin. It's not a pleasant place" he said with a half smile.

"Why did you see that?" Asked Mad-eye

"Because we went down there and almost died millions of times. We made it out the other end. Many of our friends and family members have died over the last 5 years. While we live on to carry the world forward, sometimes old ghosts don't leave" with that Annabeth and I left the room, tear tracks down our faces.