Chapter 10

Hermione POV

After finishing a few essays the Americans went to bed. When Harry returned we put our idea to him

"Harry" I began nervously. I explained our idea of a defence club to teach people to fight against Voldemort. His temper blew up and we felt terrible. When he calmed down we went to bed, thinking it over.

Harry eventually agreed to the plan and I arranged a meeting in the Hog's head pub, so no one from school would overhear us. I invited as many people as I knew who could be trusted to keep our secret. They told other friends and the word spread.

The meeting started and we explained our plans. I did most of the talking, although Harry gave a small speech. Most people looked convinced and agreed to join the group. I brought out the piece of paper I had enchanted to make sure no one betrayed us. We all signed, even the Americans, and left the pub.

An offical looking piece of paper had appeared on the notice board in out common rooms the next morning. It was a decree that said that all teams and groups needed permission from the toad to reform. She had already given herself the permission to become the Hogwarts High Inquisitor so she could fire anyone she didn't like. She was already reviewing people. I turned to Annabeth who looked murderous about the new notice

"How does she know? Which idiot told her?"

"No one could have told her without being found" I explained "I jinxed the paper. Anyone who crosses us will regret it"

"Oooooo, someone is going to pay" Thalia said murderously while cracking her knuckles".

Weeks had passed. Tonight we were going to see Sirius in the fire. We waited for everyone to disappear from the room before starting our conversation. He delivered a warning from Mrs Weasley, telling us not to continue with our defence plans and then told us he would have made a group if he had been in our position, this made me uneasy, he was not the greatest influence. We discovered that Mundungus had been trailing us so the Order knew what we were up to. He suggested the Shrieking Shack as a place for meetings but I pointed out that it would be impossible, we would need an invisible marquee to get us there without being spotted. Suddenly he tensed, as if listening for something, before promptly disappearing. A stubby hand appeared, covered in ugly rings, somehow Umbridge knew what was going on.

We dragged ourselves around to classes. People kept trying to approach us to ask if the club was still on. We told them to keep away because it was far too suspicious. We were still going to continue with our idea because we need to fight back.

Harry POV

In History of Magic Hedwig came into class with an injury. Annabeth calmed her down easily. She seemed to understand what the owl was saying. She handed Hedwig to me and instructed me take her to the Care of Magical Creatures professor.

Later that night Dobby appeared and gave Hedwig back to me. I asked him whether he knew of any secret place where we could have our meetings. He told me about the Room of Requirement. I told Hermione the next morning.

Our first session was scheduled for tonight in the Room of Requirement. We were prepared to go when the Americans came downstairs.

"Can you show us the way?" asked Hazel "We still can't get around"

"Just follow us" I said, slightly annoyed, I had been hoping for some time with Ron and Hermione.

The session was started by Hermione saying that we needed a name. There were some interesting suggestions, such as the Ministry of Magic are Morons group, courtesy of Fred and George Weasley. We decided on Ginny's suggestion of Dumbledore's Army, or DA for short. Some people were pretty terrible at spells to begin with. Hermione came up with a clever idea to tell each other when the meetings were. She would make the numbers on a coin change to the date.

The next day entered itself into the competition for worst day ever, it started normally, preparing for Quidditch. We played a good game. After the match Malfoy, that ____(insert word here) head, thought he would tease us. He took it a step too far so George and I attacked him. Fred was held back by our teammates. McGonagall took us off to the side to punish us. The Toad, that despicable pile of troll dung, gave the three of us lifetime bans, she was just making stuff up, she couldn't ban us forever, but it hurt. She even confiscated our brooms.