9• TRIAL OF THE SPELLMAN TWINS

Monday, November 3rd

For the past few days, aunt Zelda has ignored us completely, for once it's quiet, too quiet.

If i'm honest it hasn't really bothered me, aunt Zelda showed us she doesn't care about what we want, only what she wants us to do.

Sabrina, on the other hand, hasn't been handling it well.

Sabrina and I walk silently into the kitchen, "morning" Sabrina smiles chipperly and I take my seat beside Ambrose.

"Oh, blessed morning, girls" aunt Hilda says quietly, "morning cousins" Ambrose sighs awkwardly, aunt Zelda continues ignoring our presence.

I put on a fake smile, "good morning aunt Hilda, good morning Ambrose" i say as happy as i can, gritting my teeth.

Aunt Hilda gives me a look and i raise a brow, "oh sorry, did i forget something?" i ask dumbly and she sighs.

Sabrina sits closely to aunt Zelda, looking at her and we all watch her anxiously.

She raises her paper, hiding Sabrina's face, who leans past it.

"Please aunt Zelda, are you never going to speak to us again?" Sabrina presses and i roll my eyes, ''wasn't that obvious'' i mumble.

''You want me to speak?'' aunt Zelda asks irritatedly and folds her paper, sitting it down.

"It's a miracle, she speaks" i gasp quietly and Ambrose nudges me anxiously.

"Alright, i'll speak" she sighs, looking between us. 

"You humiliated us in front of the entire coven, you dishonoured the Spellman family name," she says blankly, suppressing her anger.

"Father Blackwood lied, aunt Zelda, he sat in our parlour and told us that we'd always have a choice, that our religion is based on free will, but in the woods, that was the exact opposite of free will" Sabrina goes off.

"Beyond that, your refusal to sign the book of the beast goes directly against your Father's explicit wishes" aunt Zelda spits angrily.

"I'm not sure that's true either" i grumble quietly, staring into the chipped table.

"Ivory" aunt Hilda gasps, "i'm sorry but in the woods, during the ceremony, we saw two figures who looked exactly like our mom and dad" Sabrina continues for me.

"Like some sort of spectral vision?" Ambrose asks curiously.

"I'm not sure what...but they definitely didn't want us to sign the book of the beast" Sabrina explains.

I look at aunt Zelda sadly, "they wanted us to run" i say quietly and something flashes in her eyes, i'm not sure what.

And so the girls who had to decide between being witches and being mortal...chose neither path or, if you look at it another way, chose both.

They were half-witch, but with two covens.

Roz, Sabrina and I walk into a classroom with a few random girls, fellow classmates and such sitting around chatting.