002

•:༺💉༻:•

•:༺💉༻:•

" It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face "

002 : CRUEL NEW WORLD *

•:༺💉༻:•

THE DRIVE FROM RIVERDALE GENERAL TO Sunnyside Trailer Park was not one that would be sticking in Michelangelo's memory.

In fact nothing after, that moment was a conscious experience. His mind had checked out way back when he first couldn't find her pulse.

Everything after the doctors had taken Rowena Gauthier unresponsive body away felt like an out of body experience to Michelangelo. He could see himself there on his knees in the waiting room, could see a man who he know knew to be his uncle Raphael running in only to be stopped by the hospital staff before he could reach the gurney with Rowena's body on it.

He could see the moment his uncle turned around and brought him into his arms, and he clearly remembered the movement of the doctors lips when he came to break the news of her passing.

However; he couldn't feel anything.

There was no emotions attached to any of the events that had occurred in the last couple of hours.

The initial panic of finding Rowena and rushing to the hospital had faded into a distant sensation, something he knew by name but had no experience with and couldn't particularly identify. Like he had watched it all happen to someone else.

No relief from getting to the hospital, nothing at the sight of his uncle whom he hadn't see in eight years, and most disquieting of all, nothing at the news that after fifteen years of being a constant in his life, his mother, Rowena Gauthier, was no more.

Nothing.

Just a body, another statistic, another hole in the ground.

•:༺💉༻:•

The decision to move in with Raphael wasn't much of a decision at all. There was no choice.

Raphael was the only family he had on his mother's side in the area. He never knew who his father was or if he was even alive and he doubted the man wanted to be found or have a kid forced upon him if his absence for the last fifteen years was anything to go by.

Raphael wasn't a very outwardly emotional man.

Angelo couldn't tell how he felt about having to take in his dead sister's kid after not having any contact with him for almost a decade.

And for the ever observant Michelangelo Gauthier, being unable to tell what someone was feeling - especially an essential stranger was nerve wracking, regardless of the blood they shared.