005

•:༺💉༻:•

•:༺💉༻:•

" I know how much it matters to you
I know that you got daddy issues "

005 : CRUEL NEW WORLD*

part four

•:༺💉༻:•

MALACHAI WAS A nice guy, Michelangelo had decided. After he explained how he used to be friends with his mom when she still lived in riverdale he offered the blond a ride back to wherever he was going.

The tall curly haired man tossed some keys at one of the guys that had come down the alley with him and stayed to chat with Angelo while the guy brought the car around.

Michelangelo learned that Malachai and the other two were part of a group called the Ghoulies who essentially just enjoyed street racing with nice cars and recreational drug use. In fact Malachai was actually the leader of the group.

Angelo didn't know what he had expected an essential gang leader to be like but Malachai was really friendly and charismatic, he could see why people would want to follow him.

•:༺💉༻:•

Malachai stifled a laugh at the way Michelangelo's, or as he had taken to calling him, Angelito's jaw dropped when Domino pulled up the street in his suped up low rider.

"Come on kid you can have shot gun" He said with his signature wide grin.

•:༺💉༻:•

After he got into probably the nicest car he'd ever even seen in his entire life Angelo told Malachai the address for Sunnyside and the man was kind enough to offer to take him to where the Ghoulies hung out to get him checked out by one of their medics before dropping him off.

Michelangelo had never been treated so kindly in his life and he could hardly believe such a person had really ever been friends with his mom at one point, still, he agreed feeling safer with the man than he had with anyone else in a very long time.

Usually the teen would be content to sit in silence for the whole ride but he had so many questions and he felt comfortable enough with Malachai to ask them.

"So," he started off, already Malachai had his full attention on him, even while he was driving, and Angelo could die he'd never experienced such attentive care before.

"Que pasa, Angelito?" the older man's habit of switching between english and spanish made Michelangelo glad he had taken spanish since sixth grade.

"I was just wondering how exactly you knew my mom," he hesitated to say the next part but continued on anyway, comfortable in the older man's presence.

"You don't have to lie or anything I know she wasn't a great person..." He trailed off watching the way Malachai's hand flexed on the wheel as he drove.

Malachai 'hummed' in response, seemingly taking some time to gather his thoughts before continuing.

"Well, she wasn't just a friend," for a moment, Angelo thought Malachai was about to reveal that he was his long lost dad and he held his breath.

"She was actually part of the Ghoulies too. A pretty high ranking member too, before she got too deep into the drugs." Malachai sighed thinking about it, he had respected Rowena a lot before she'd gone and gotten pregnant by a snake.

Michelangelo's curiosity was peaked.

"So is that why she left Riverdale? Because of the drugs?" he asked, wide eyed and curious.

Malachai's eyes were focused ahead as he answered.

"Nah, not the drugs... she left when she was pregnant with you." Malachai only paused for a moment to glance at Angelo in the passenger seat, the soft shock on his innocent face might actually have made Malachai feel something.

"The life we live isn't safe for delicate things, and with your dad..." Malachai trailer off and Michelangelo took the time to speak up.

"Wait- do you know who he is? My dad?"

•:༺💉༻:•

This was better than Malachai could have hoped for, he had a golden opportunity to completely mold this kid however he wanted and he was going to take it.

"Your dad isn't a good guy either. He's facing twenty years for covering up a murder right now." Because of course Malachai leader of the Ghoulies was up to date on the going ons of FP's trial.

He didn't even look to see the kids reaction before continuing.

"He's a dangerous man, leader of the southside serpents, a very violent group much worse than the Ghoulies could ever be." If anyone else were with them in the car they might have burst out laughing for all the bullshit Malachai was spewing, but there was no way he was gonna let such a perfect asset wander into the open arms of the serpents when he could use him.

Malachai decided a little emotional manipulation was due to make sure this kid had no desire to go seek out his father before he needed him to.

"He has a family too, son a couple years older than you daughter somewhere with her mom..."

•:༺💉༻:•

Michelangelo had never considered his father had another family. He always assumed that since the man didn't want him he just didn't want a family at all so hearing this was --- devastating to say the least.

Angelo never really wanted to find his Dad, he never felt like he was missing out on something but he couldn't hold back the tears hearing that he had wanted a family just not with him. Even after his mother had left the Ghoulies, even a town away from everything.

The overwhelming feelings of worthlessness were on the brink of consuming Michelangelo Gauthier whole.

Malachai stayed quiet for a while before trying to comfort him.

"Listen Angelito, your mom was one of us so that makes you family. Our doors will always be open to you as long as you return that loyalty." And wasn't that all Angelo had ever wanted.

To be part of a family, wanted, needed, cared for. The boy wiped at his face roughly before offering a fragile smile to Malachai.

He had just met this man today. He had thought for a moment this man would be the one to end his life and instead he had turned it on its head and been right there to pick up the pieces.

Malachai had done more for him in an hour than anyone else had ever done in his whole life. The decision was the easiest one he had ever made, for once there was no over thinking and Michelangelo was absolutely certain.

The fifteen year old boy turned to Malachai, a fiercely determined look on his face that made him look older than he was.

"I want to join the Ghoulies."

And he had never meant anything more in his life.

•:༺💉༻:•

word count : 1114

authors note :
man this is gonna be longer than i expected but it's sooooo good omg
like and comment! <3