29: "Cyra is like a raccoon."

Mount Justice

November 18, 15:15 EDT

"Cyra, give it back!"

"I want to see if I can hit that glass from over here!"

"Cyra!"

Artemis lunged across the kitchen tower, swiping her taunt bow from Cyra's arms as the Green Lantern was aiming with one eye closed at a cup on the table in the living area. Artemis was almost whipped with the string and growled as she tugged the bow closer to her chest.

"Don't touch my stuff," she growled.

"Don't leave your stuff lying around," Cyra mocked. "It wasn't like you had your name on it."

"It's mine!"

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"Cyra, I swear—"

"Little kids are reading, you can't swear."

"What are you—?"

"What's with all the yelling?" Zatanna asked, her hands over her ears. M'gann walked next to her.

Since her father had been controlled by a hat, Zatanna had taken moving into the cave and Zatara's leave fairly well, Cyra thought. For now, she was wearing some leggings and an overly baggy sweatshirt and a few times she'd hear her search through the freezer for ice cream on late-night visits to the Cave. Cyra assumed that was normal grieving behavior.

Cyra aimed her own green bow in her hand, complete with a feathered arrow as her ring glowed it onto her hands. She pulled the string taut, the point right between Artemis's eyes as she let go.

The other blonde screamed before the arrow turned to sparkles before her eyes, green dust coating her cheeks, eventually fading back into her tan skin. Cyra grinned at her and winked. A red color that was also Cyra's doing spread over her face—making Artemis look like a mutant tomato.

"That's it!" She nocked an arrow. Her muscular arm pulled back, the bow facing Cyra. "I'm going to kill you."

"Artemis!" M'gann gasped as she flicked her hand in the air, sending Artemis's body to the floor. "We're teammates, we shouldn't be fighting each other."

"She stole my bow! Then shot at me!" Artemis exclaimed.

"At least I didn't let it hit you," Cyra rolled her eyes.

"Enough!" M'gann snapped. "Both of you, apologize right now."

"I'm sorry you can't keep your hands to yourself," Artemis sneered.

"I'm sorry you have no fun in your dark, dark life. Happy, mom?"

M'gann's face washed over into blankness. "It's the best I'm going to get, isn't it?"

"Yes," both voices spoke.

The Martian sighed and the two blonde girls laughed to themselves.

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Zatanna asked, face-first in the freezer as she dragged up a large container of ice cream. "There are no missions, right? Maybe some rest and relaxation would do us all some good."

"I agree!" M'gann smiled.

Cyra leaped over the back of the couch, laying spread out on it with her arms around the back of her head coolly. "Sounds good to me," she mused. "Just get me a big bowl!"

"We're going to eat out of the container," Zatanna said in a duh-tone.

"Even better."

The other heroines all gathered around, Cyra moving her legs out of the way for some space for M'gann while Artemis perched herself on the arm of the couch as a bird and Zatanna plopped herself down in the loveseat, nursing her ice cream to her chest. M'gann floated over their ice cream bowls into their lamps and Zatanna turned on the beginning of Mean Girls.