39: "My mom always said that I'd end up at the circus."

Bruges

December 22, 20:08 CET

    "Ladies and gentlemen!"

    A flash of smoke caused the audience to blink, trying to detect the action. They were leaning off the edges of their seats to the point they could have fitting double the amount of customers into the large blue tents. A man stepped out of the mist that flowed around his feet, wearing a colorful sparkling suit over his pudgy body and a large top hat, easily made out beyond the haze.

    "Welcome to the Haly's International travelling circus! Where the world of the century is your oyster! And these are our latest pearls—The Daring Dangers!"

    The spotlight moved up to a petite boy high above the air on a wooden post, waving to the crowd. His red and white suit stuck to him and if you were to get close, you'd see his smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

    "Dan Danger!"

    The boy, "Dan", leaped onto a flying wooden handle that some would be afraid of snapping if they were to jump on it. The boy soared before somersaulting into the air in a little ball, cantering past a girl in a matching costume with auburn hair.

    "Dawn Danger!"

    They both caught onto their swings and flew above the gasping and applauding people beneath, some having travelled miles to see this delightful circus, under the ruse of being wondered and impressed by somes' natural abilities.

    "Diana Danger!"

    A blonde pulled back several arrows nocked in her bow.

    "Dane Danger!"

    Another archer matched her motions, his expression blank.

    "And finally—Dean Danger!"

Barrels were thrown up into the air by a muscular boy whose bright blue eyes shined from behind him white and red mask. The barrels were juggled into the air as the archers released their holds on their bow strings.

The acrobats were coming around for another round.

Perfectly, as if performed by the strongest heroes in the world, the "Dan" and "Dawn" flipped through the barrels, coming out into an ambush of arrows that trailed glitter as they almost nicked their skin. They grabbed back onto their wooden safety holds, arching back into the skies.

"You'll never see another trapeze act like this folks!" the Ringmaster announced to the fans, where were cheering and jumping out of their sets. And all performed without a net!"

They flipped again, turning back around. Now, ripping through the air at crazy speeds, "Dan" let go, his hands held out towards his fellow acrobat.

Even from her spot at the edge of the ring, she puffed. Looks like the Boy Wonder isn't going to make it, she thought. Good thing they have me.

Cyra glared to "Dean".

The barrels in his hand suddenly tugs against the boy's arm and he got the hint.

"Don't blow our cover!" Robin demanded as he fell, far too gone from M'gann to be saved.

"But saving your life's okay?" Superboy asked, throwing up the barrel, propelling Robin back up.

Cyra's eyes followed Robin's grasping fingers, M'gann's wide eyes as there was a measly few centimeters between them.

"Do I really need to do everything myself?"