two

David and his two friends take me to his car

They tried to help me with my bag but I didn't want them to touch it. It's all I have left.

"This looks like it's worth more than my life.." I gaze at the pristine white car as I climb into the passenger seat.

David and Alex laugh at my amazement.

I haven't heard that sound in a very long time.

I put my bag in between my legs, keeping it as safe as possible.

"So, Aubrey, how old are you?" Dom asks from the back.

"I'm 19." I simply say.

"Oh, you look younger than you are." Dom acknowledges.

"Thanks... I think." I start to grin.

"She can smile!" David jokes, looking at me.

I laugh but stop after noticing he doesn't have his hands on the wheel.

I gasp in fear of us crashing.

"It drives itself. Have you never heard of a Tesla?" David laughs.

"Nope." I admitted, shrugging my shoulders.

Silence fills the car before we arrive at the house.

I stare at the house with wide eyes. This place is beautiful and huge.

"Like what you see?" David asks.

I nod, eager to look inside.

David gets out of the car first. I grab my bag and walk in behind him.

I notice the other two guys aren't in with us.

"Aren't they coming in?" I ask curiously.

"No, they don't live here. I live by myself." He explains.

"Oh, nice." I awkwardly respond. Tiredness suddenly hits me like a truck.

I yawn, a loud noise coming from my mouth by accident.

"Someone's tired." David grins.

"Well, it is two in the morning." I point out, looking at my phone's clock.

"You're right, let me show you to your room." David offers.

"Why do you live here by yourself?" I question, genuinely curious.

I would love to live with other people. It seems like it would be more interesting and less lonely.

"Alex was supposed to move into this room, but since I am allergic to his bunny, he decided to stay at my old apartment." David explains before we arrive at the room.

He pushes the door open, revealing the pretty room.

"This is so well decorated. I love the simple feeling." I compliment, looking around. He just smiles and looks at me.

"Thank you for letting me stay here. I promise I'll leave tomorrow if you need me to." I assure him, not wanting to feel obligated to let me stay here.

"No, stay as long as you need. I don't mind the company." David laughs.

His laugh is so mesmerizing. He seems like such a happy person.

I hope someday I wiil be as happy as David seems.

"Well, get some sleep, I can tell we are both dead tired." David says as he starts to walk out of the room.

"Goodnight, David."

"Goodnight, Aubrey." He waves toward me, stumbling out the door.

I plop on to the bed, plug in my phone, and fall asleep.

(A/N):
Sorry for such a small chapter! They'll get longer and include more detail as the story moves on.