thirteen

"I don't know if I can go through with this

"I don't know if I can go through with this." I sigh, shutting my suitcase and running my fingers through my hair.

"Dude, you need to chill. What's the big deal?" Emma rolls her eyes, getting sick of my over dramatic behavior.

David is out filming with the boys before they have to come back to the house to pick me up.

"You know why it's a big deal." I mumble, even though nobody except the girls are here.

I told Emma and Mariah, my two best friends, that I had feelings for David.

I couldn't hold it in, I had to tell someone.

"You'll be fine! You guys are just friends, there isn't anything to be nervous about." Mariah giggles.

"You know what, you're right. You are right. I'm not nervous, I'm excited. I get to see more of David friends and his family." I force a smile on my face, trying to convince myself that I will be fine.

I know in my heart that I will be perfectly fine, but my mind tells me the opposite.

"You are going to have fun. Enjoy it!" Emma tries to calm me down.

"I know, I know. It's just how my brain works. It automatically goes to the worst possible scenario." I chuckle, sitting down on the bed in between them.

"Just try and focus on the positive when negative thoughts come in." Mariah gives me advice.

I thank her with a simple nod, not being able to speak about it anymore.

We move on to different topics, attempting to get my nerves away.

Emma and Mariah chat about their love life.

Mariah is in a happy relationship with Heath.

Emma is single with no crush.

Then there's me, in the middle of the both of them.

Not in a relationship, but I have a crush.

They eventually have to go, leaving me here with a suitcase to finish packing.

I hurry up and finish it as fast as possible, double checking everything that I packed.

I get done in about 30 minutes, so I have time to do what I want before they come back.

I don't usually have the house to myself, so I try to enjoy the time I do get.

I go out to the living room with my makeup bag, deciding what I want to watch on TV while I do my makeup.

I turn on the movie "To All The Boys I've Loved Before."

I get distracted by the movie a lot, so it takes me twice as long to do each step.