twenty five

David never called that day

David never called that day. Or the day after that. Still, a week later, he has not contacted me at all.

He's either too busy or Jason lied to him. I don't know what other reason there would be.

I really got myself in a messy situation.

"Aubrey! Are you ready yet?" Corinna shouts from the living room.

"I'm coming!" I groan, hurriedly shoving my heels on my feet.

I make my way out of my room, towards Corinna.

"Damn! Somebody is ready to party tonight." She squeals.

I'm wearing the typical party dress. Black and decently short.

"Me? Look at you." I compliment.

"I'm so glad you agreed to my plus one to this party. It would have been really sad if I showed up alone." She grabs her keys and purse.

"I'm actually glad you're dragging me out of the house." I follow her to the parking garage, my poor shoe choice slowing me down.

"Fuck David! Let's go have fun!" She screams as soon as we exit the apartment complex.

I immediately feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, looking around to see if anyone heard her.

"You sure you aren't drunk already?" I joke.

She laughs, unlocking her car. We both get in, ready to have a fun night.

She blasts her "party" playlist which consists of a mix of rap and pop.

I hum along to the music, putting on a smile.

I honestly don't know how to feel.

It seems like everytime I start to get over the things he does, he walks right back into my life.

He keeps toying with my feelings and I hate it.

"Okay, stop." Corinna scolds.

"What?" I look at her innocently.

"You need to stop moping! Just let the universe do it's thing." Corinna begs, wanting to have fun with me tonight.

"I know! I shouldn't be sad, but I am. He keeps messing with my head! It's driving me insane." I complain.

"I understand. I really do. Todd was even worse. He had the nerve to go out and cheat on me, multiple times!" Corinna pouts.

"Rinna! Why didn't you tell me! I feel bad for complaining now." I pout with her.

"You had enough on your plate, I didn't want to burden you." A tear slips out of her eye.

We start sobbing on the way to a party we both don't feel like going to.