Prologue

Over the countless centuries of Zenartha's history, the southern coast of Northern Orathan has been subject to colonization by dozens of foreign countries. Only ten of the colonies remain. To the north is the sky-blue-scaled draconian kingdom of Acran, and the tribal Aze people, both of which effectively resisted the colonists' attempts at expansion. Astros was founded by Sevorgradian colonists. Athei was a former colony of Aetherian. Esmijan once belonged to Yeiwyn. Aglain was founded by Chardan. Edral was once a colony of Faudia. Thiala was founded by Auna colonists. Weshiola's founders were from the country of Alessia. Koesh was founded by human colonists of Torriban, while Astea was founded by the country's epsilon citizens. Esturg's motherland was the northern country of Readonia. Each of the colonies were either loyal to the sovereign that founded them, or became independent countries themselves. That changed when an empire came from the south. Skaola's King rest his eyes on Orathan's northern landmass, and decided to make it his. A long, deadly war was waged between the colonists and the Skaolan Empire. Blood was shed, innocents were killed, and in the end, the tyrannical, imperialist Skaolans were victorious. An age of darkness descended upon the colonies. Ten years after the Colonial War, as it soon was called, the only thing the colonists came to know was oppression and tyranny under Skaola's King. As one war ends, though, another may begin...