4. Carried Away

Darkness. It was now almost 1 in the morning, and you were seated in the passenger seat next to a rather pissed off Hawkeye. After he had sprinted you outside the compound he shoved you in his car, slid over the boot shooting an agent with his bow and rushing into his seat to start the engine.

Easily over 50 agents forgot they were ever fighting the avengers just to chase after the man carrying away their precious experiment. Bullets were spitting towards the car consecutively, most ricocheting off and leaving scratches and some making larger dents in the vehicle.

You dare not speak as Clint was so concentrated on speeding you away from danger in the car, you sat facing the window with your arms folded across your chest. It was awkward, very awkward. You fidgeted in your seat praying that he would turn the radio up or do something.
8 long minutes passed that felt like hours of awkward silence when finaly it was broken.
"We've got the girl, we're outta here." Tony's scratchy voice bellowed from the car radio. You could hear the struggling roars from hulk in the background, as you guessed Nat was trying to calm him down.

You took a risk and shifted your head slightly to read any sort of expressions on Clint's face, and weirdly enough he was biting his lip pretty damn hard. An overkill of bright red on Clint's shoulder caught your eye and caring less you sprang to him.
"Clint you got shot!!!!" You scream, making him swerve the wheel slightly. You unbuckled and faced him shaping your hand around the hole on his warm bicep skin.

 You unbuckled and faced him shaping your hand around the hole on his warm bicep skin

(A lil bicep reference 😂👌🏼😍)
"(Y/n) stop it's nothing." His face still clenching in pain. He hissed at the pressure from your hand.
"Ohmygod this is my fault, I'm gonna patch you up at the compound."
"Stark told you to stay there!" He raised his voice causing you to pull away slightly.
"I.. i thought you said i was ready, and I could fight on my own?" He sighed and shook his head.
"You were (y/n)... it's just... this wasn't any normal crime fighting mission, this was against hydra who's only target/objective was to steal you back for more testing, and besides I don't think you could've han...." Clint stuttered to a stop after seeing your eyes transition into a very familiar firey red.
"Ok ok look, I really don't wanna see you get hurt. I feel like you're this fragile porcelain doll that I need to keep protected from the ones who tore your life apart. I have this instinctual urge to wrap you up and keep you safe and and..." he stuttered trying to find the right words as the car had slowly pulled up to the facility. He sighed and looked you in the eyes.
"You can patch me up..."

***************

"Hold still, stop sooking!" Your voice reverberated around the room of tiles as you and Clint shuffled awkwardly around the bathroom.
"Hey let's remember who has the bullet in their arm!" He huffed. Your arms were Brought up high to his shoulder with a needle and thread and tweezers. You struggled plenty to be careful with his wound as earlier you promised to stitch him up.
"Look Clint I can't see properly you're too tall, bend down!" You moved slightly back from him and he shifted over to the sink counter and tapped it, motioning for you to get up on it. You sighed deciding it would probably be more comfortable.