Chapter Two

5 years later..

{Kayla's POV}

It's summer break and all I have done is lay in bed and watch Netflix. I've had a few sleep overs with Allie but it wasn't anything special.

I felt my phone vibrate on my night stand.

I got up from my bedroom floor to get to my phone. I opened a text from Allie.

Allie: hey I'm here! Let's grab some Starbucks! :)

Me: on my way :)

I ran down the stairs, told my mom I was going to Starbucks, and put on my white converse.

I got into the front seat of Allies gray BMW.

Me and Allie both got a chocolate chip frappé. That's the best thing about our friendship, we both love the same things!

I was daydreaming about all the times we wore the same outfit to school. Until Allie nudged my shoulder.

"Hot boy, three o'clock" she whispered bitting her lip staring at him.

He looked so familiar I don't know why. Me and Allie looked away and he walked behind me so he could leave. I felt my hoodie move which is really weird because it wasn't really breezy in Starbucks.

After we were done with Starbucks it was 1:30. We went to the mall and all we did was walk around checking out boys rating them 1 out of 10.

Allie dropped me off at my house around 3:45.

I ran up into my room and took off my hoodie. And noticed a bright yellow piece of paper fall out of the hood.

Before I could open it, I noticed a movers truck. Great. Neighbors.

I put on my bathing suit and a towel so I can tan on the driveway. I hate tanning in the back because we don't have a porch or anything so I have to lay in the grass. I rubbed tanning oil on my body.

After awhile I noticed something blocking my view. I looked up, using my hand to block the access sun.

"I'm sorry am I in your way?" He smiled and sat down next to me.

I lifted my self up with my shoulders. "No, not at all. I was about done anyways."

He laughed. He was gorgeous. He was a 10. His beautiful brown eyes shined in the sunlight.

"I'm Matthew Lee Espinosa" He held out his hand for me to shake it.

I grabbed his hand. "I'm Makayla Jean Esp- I mean Martinez" his name just echoed in my head.

"Hey, I've known you since like middle school." He pointed to me.

"Actually since kindergarten" I laughed softly.

"Oh, I saw you in Starbucks today actually I think."

"That was you wasn't it, wow it's a small world." We both laughed.

"So.. Did you get my note?" He blushed.

"Yeah I- " I was interrupted by my little sister screaming for me to come back inside.

"I guess I will see you around?" He helped me get up.

"Yeah totally" I smiled awkwardly.