Chapter Seven

[Matthews POV]

I grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumb up and down her hand. I couldn't help but blame myself for this. How stupid could I be?

"Hey, I know you're there. I just wanted to say I'm sorry." I try to hold my tears back but it didn't work.

"I've said I'm sorry like 50 times already but I mean it Kayla." I got up and threw my chair across the room.

I sat in the corner, in a ball, crying.

"Kayla, please stay away from me. It's best for both of us I can't see you like this anymore. I-I- I can't say it when you are like this." I started crying again. I kissed her forehead and left.

----------------------------------------------

[Kayla's POV]

My forehead was pounding. I saw a red button and pressed it. Two nurses came in and smiled at me. I tried to ask for water but it hurt so much I didn't want to try.

It was a big blur from that point on.

3 days later I finally got to go home.

I was excited to jog. I was excited to see Delia. I was excited to see Matthew.

I took a jog to his house. When I knocked on the door, he opened it right away.

"What are you doing here?" He made me come inside his house and sit on the couch with him.

"What do you mean? I just got out of the hospital and I wanted to see you." I felt angry.

"It's my fault your were even in that place! I don't know why you insist on coming back to me! I hurt you and I just can't live with myself knowing I was the cause of you not being happy." He looked like he wanted to cry.

"I'm back here because you made me happy. I don't know why you can't see that." He stood up.

He walked towards the nearest wall and punched it.

"Stop Matthew" I wanted to start crying.

"No I'm not going to stop Makayla Jean Martinez. I can't live with myself right now. You don't know how guilty I feel." By this time he is on the floor crying banging his head against the wall.

"I never thought I would go so crazy over a girl. I love you okay? I do. Ever since middle school. But now I know what it costs me to love you. You know Emily dated like everybody in the school when me and her were together. I felt used. Now I know how you must have felt. I thought I loved her. But now I look at you and I realized I pulled an Emily. But the worst part is she came on to me. I was just a victim" he started crying again.

I can't stand to see him like this. I go and sit in front of him. I grab his hands and then he looks up. He was still cute even when he was crying.

I walked him to the couch. I laid him down into my lap. I started playing with his hair.

By the time we both calmed down. We started talking about middle school again.

I looked at a clock on the wall.

"I should go home" I moved his head and got up and head for the door.

"Before you go.." He grabbed my hips and pulled me into a kiss. His warm lips felt so good on mine. I could still feel his wet tears rubbing against my face.

I couldn't stop blushing. I smiled and he was smiling. He walked me home.

When we got to the door he kissed me again. And I ran upstairs into my room to text Allie. I haven't texted her in weeks.

Me: summer romance is a check on my bucket list(;

Allie: OMG WHO?!?!

Me: Matthew (;

Allie: OMG TOMORROW ME U AND STARBUCKS.