7 Bastian's Pain

Bastian

It hits me when I catch the ball. A pang, a small ache of nausea. What the hell?

"Bastian?!" Coach yells. I wave him off, tossing the ball to Mick and jogging over to my water bottle. Another slice of pain, then sheer agony.

Fuck. Goddamnit, what the hell is this? Another knife in the gut and I realize, the truth dousing me in icy water.

Lola is cheating on me.

I stand there for a moment, staring at my water bottle in my hands, trying to breath through the pain. I am in shock. She knows what this will do to me. Why? Why would she..

"Bastian, man, what the hell?" Jacob comes over, concern apparent in eyes.

"I need to go," I mutter. The agony is insane. I need to go before anyone realizes what is happening to me.

"Damn, do you need help? You're completely white, Bastian."

"No," I grit out. "Tell coach I had to go."

I walk away, my fists clenched to hold in my desire to curl up into a ball and whimper from this agony.

Lola is cheating on me.

I make it to my car, driving like a maniac. I alternate between fast and slow, depending on how much pain I am in. At one point I have to pull over, my head on the steering wheel, growling out the piercing agony in my gut. Halfway home it finally stops, leaving me aching, sore. I pull into my parking spot and almost collapse as I get out.

Beads of sweat roll down my face, dripping onto my shirt. It feels like my organs are liquifying inside of me. I open the door and growl out loud at the sight of my own hand, shaking on the doorknob as it twists open.

I can feel her. I know she is in the house. Upstairs. My eyes are slightly blurry from the pain as I stumble up the stairs. At the top of the landing I can finally croak "Lola."

She doesn't answer. Bitch. Treacherous, cheating, lying whore!

I fall onto her door. Her bedroom is quiet, still. The bed is made and the air only carries the merest tinge of betrayal. So, she fucked him somewhere else.

Who? Who did she cheat on me with? It had to be someone outside of the pack. Were they closer than I thought? The face of Alpha Ryker swims in front of my face and I growl again.

The shower is on. Damn. I am in so much pain that I didn't even hear it at first.

I slam open the bathroom door, expecting to hear her shriek.

She is waiting for me. "I'm so s-sorry, Bastian." Even with my alpha hearing I can barely hear her over the shower.

"Whore," I hiss, stumbling closer. She is curled into the corner of the shower, fully clothed, the water beating down. I growl again, fighting the urge to shift. She is hiding him from me, washing his scent from her, and her clothing.

"Please, Bastian, I am so sorry-"

"Shut up!" I roar. She cringes. The back of my hand connects with her cheek, sends her head slamming back into the tile wall.

Fuck.

I force her to her feet then against the wall, crowding her, overwhelming her with how much larger and stronger I am. Is this why she cheated? Does she think I am too weak? The pretty alphason, the nice guy.

Those thoughts will drive me crazy. My fingers curl against her throat as I press my body into hers, grinding into her soft body.

"Did you forget who you belong to? Did you think I wouldn't find out? My slut of a mate?" I spit the word mate. It tastes worse than slut, than whore, than everything else that she is, because, that is what she is, a slut, and my mate.