9 The Queen of Sluts

Lola

"Up, shower, then go make breakfast," Bastian's words are harsh, but his tone is soft. One large hand rubs my back, smoothes my hair out of my face gently. "Lola, up, now."

He stands and smacks me on the ass. Again. I'm beginning to wonder if Bastian is really punishing me or if he just has a spanking kink.

I force my weak legs to support me and stumble towards the closet to pick out clothes. Ironically, I hate those few minutes of being naked after taking a shower. It makes me feel too exposed, too vulnerable. Even the pathetic lack of cover my slut uniform offers is better than full-on nudity, so I get my clothes ready before I shower.

A small pile of my clothes are along one side of the closet wall. Is it strange that my clothes are here? I've always had a few extra outfits in Bastian's closet. He never said anything, never took them back to my room. I shudder. I leave my belongings all over the place. I'm willing to bet that Sam has a spot in his closet with my clothes. Maybe even larger than this one. I know that I have clothes in Mac's room. Silly, because she would never wear my clothes.

I hear Bastian leave the room and realize that I am just standing in the middle the closet, unmoving except for my hands rubbing my sore butt, staring into space as I try to think of some way out of this hell.

I grab a pair of low-rise jeans and a long-sleeve t-shirt of Bastian's with a collar that covers the hickeys he's left all over me. Not my typical garb, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to put the usual effort in.

I shower and dress then stare into the mirror. I look like I put a lackluster effort into this morning. My stomach twinges. I've learned that I can dress normally like this for maybe a day, usually only a few hours, before the pain starts from Alpha Roland's Orders.

I stick my tongue out at my reflection and flip myself off. "Go fuck yourself, Lola," I growl. My wolf huffs at the surge of anger that rolls through me. She doesn't understand our situation. Her alpha is hurting her, but because he is alpha it's allowable. What she doesn't get is why Bastian doesn't just take us as his mate, anyway. Sex means something different to her than to our human sides. It's for survival, for reproduction, and her lovers are powerful, so she's content, if not fully satisfied. The intricacies of human relationships fly right over her head.

Slowly, I go downstairs and start making breakfast. Jacob comes in and glances my way before his gaze shutters and he looks away. Cassie is next to come into the room, giving me her usual stank-eye. I ignore both of them and keep stirring the eggs, ordering myself to not cry. The tension in the room is so thick it could be cut with a knife.

I put plates out and scoop the eggs into a bowl.

Jacob grunts his thanks and Cassie says nothing at all. I sit and wait for Bastian. I am not hungry. My wolf wants to hurt Cassie for dating our mate, and I'm right with her on that count.

Cassie suddenly snickers. "Are you two mates or something?"

Jacob and I give her startled looks.

"What?" Jacob sounds bewildered and faintly horrified.

"Well, Lola is not wearing her typical slut uniform and you are ignoring her, so what is going on? Are you mates?" Her eyes light up, an almost fanatical glee crossing her face. "Did Jacob reject you?!" She starts laughing hysterically.

I look at Jacob. He is glaring at me. "We are not mates. If we were I would reject you as a cheating whore, Lola, but we aren't mates, are we?"

I feel tears pricking my eyelids. Geez, Jacob knows about Bastian and I? I gulp and look down quickly. I can't handle the scorn I see in his eyes. He must know about Bastian being in pain the other day. He knows that I am a cheater.