Chapter 11

"You're not doing a good job at spotting me." Bambam glanced at Yugyeom from his bench, who was currently invested in his phone.

"You're not lifting anything over 23 kilograms Bam." Yugyeom said flippantly while scrolling through his instagram feed.

"But what if I drop this dumbar and it lands on my neck and kills me? You'd be responsible for my death!"

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, "If you managed to die in this gym because of something that weighs the amount of a toddler, then you're responsible for your own death."

Youngjae, who was currently using kettlebells with Mark let out a high pitched laugh. Mark chuckled along with him and Jinyoung grinned while running on the treadmill.

"You all don't love me." Bambam pouted as he set the weight back on it's stand. "No love or respect around here."

"Maybe when you lift as much as Jaebum we might." Mark nodded to the leader who was also lifting weights.

"Don't set him up for failure Mark-hyung." Jaebum breathed in.

"Bet you'd drop a dumbar on your neck." Bambam muttered under his breath.

Jaebum gave him a warning look from his bench.

"Saranghae Jaebum-ah!" Bambam gleamed.

The leader huffed irritably and Yugyeom could see Jaebum thinking about all the ways to put the younger in a headlock.

The five out of six members moved onto bickering about lifting animals when the gym door opened and Jackson poked his head in. The rapper seemed to have something at the tip of his tongue, before his eyes drifted and zeroed in on Jaebum. And Yugyeom let out a small but exasperated sigh at yet another pining from afar scenario with Jaebum and Jackson. He'd been a viewer of this ridiculous drama for years now, and it was getting sad.

"Jackson hyung." Yugyeom called out which snapped Jackson out of his reverie.

"Ah Yugyeom-ah, just the person I wanted to see."

"You sure about that?" Mark looked at Jackson knowingly.

Jackson simply stuck his tongue out at the older and turned his attention back to the maknae, "Anyway I wanted to talk to you for a second."

"Sure." Yugyeom agreed.

"I mean upstairs in our rooms." Jackson clarified. "That song I was working on that you said you had input on? I figured we'd work on that."

"Yeah, but I asked you about that months ago-"

"And I still haven't finished it yet! Which is why I figured I'd get your opinion since you asked. I'll even treat you to jajangmyeon when we get back home."

"Can I get treated with jajangmyeon? I'll work with you all night." Bambam pleaded.

"Maybe next time."

"That means no." Mark mock whispered.

Bambam sulked on the bench and muttered to himself. Yugyeom bit back a smirked and pocketed his phone as he strolled over to Jackson; the two of them walking out of the hotel gym and into the low lit hallway.

"It's just the bridge that you had trouble with right?" Yugyeom asked while they walked towards the lobby.

"Yup just that." Jackson responded before inquiring, "You've been alright these days, right?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Well I mean it's just touring can get a little hard on us; jet lag and stuff y'know?"