Chapter 12

Jackson: Stay safe.

Jackson lamely looked at the text again. To be in the same city as SHIELD and to not be able to help rubbed Jackson the wrong way. Part of that shocked him in some way. Months ago he wouldn't mind leaving it to the agents while he focused on his own job. But now he wanted to see the case through.

"So is Quake flower girl?" Jackson jumped at the sight of Yugyeom peering over his shoulder.

"Yah! Stop being nosy!" Jackson tucked his phone in his pocket and stood from the bench that sat in the halls of the stadium.

"I tried calling you earlier but you were too wrapped up in you're text. Manager noona said we have another hour before we have to start getting dressed."

"Okay. Thanks." Jackson said distractically.

"Jackson hyung." Yugyeom tugged at the edge of his t-shirt, "Do you...do you think anything bad'll happen if Quake can't find who did it?"

Yugyeom left out to me? But Jackson could pick up on the maknae's fear.

"Agent Johnson and her team are the best at what they do. They'll find the people responsible and make sure it doesn't happen again okay?"

Yugyeom nodded, "Just worried I guess."

"Don't be. SHIELD has been all over this since the beginning, they'll take care of...it." Jackson's attention drifted off to behind Yugyeom.

A security guard for the stadium who was on his cellphone. Nothing seemed out of place (Jackson would have barely glanced at him any other time), yet his chest tightened in a way that said otherwise.

Jackson shifted his focus back to Yugyeom, who was staring at him concerned.

The elder nervously chuckled, "Ah, Bambam was right. Everyone in Japan is good looking. Even the security guards."

Yugyeom glimpsed at the tall man behind him with a slouch nose, then back at Jackson, and gave his hyung a slightly disgusted look, "Can you not hit on someone every five minutes?"

"How dare you hurt your hyung like this?!" Jackson cried out.

Yugyeom scoffed and strolled back into the dressing room.

Jackson glanced back to where the guard was to see that he was gone. The idol stood and peeked around the corner; seeing the man walking towards the staircase. Jackson couldn't get over the constant stream of wrongwrongwrong running through his head and it wouldn't sit well with him if he ignored it.

Just see where he goes. Probably just to check the area like he's supposed to do. Jackson tried to convince himself.

The rapper did a quick 360 of the hall to make sure know one saw him before turning invisible and followed the guard down the stairs. They kept going farther down; Jackson trying his best to mach the man's pace. By the 4th set of steps, Jackson was about to chop everything up to pre concert jitters before the security guard's phone began to ring.

["Yeah, I'm almost down there now."] The man picked up and gruffed out in Japanese, ["Your signal's already dipping in and out."]

There was a pause and a voice talking back that Jackson couldn't hear clearly.

"You all got the cameras down? Good, we're already ahead of schedule then."

Every word that came out of the man's mouth automatically raised Jackson's suspicions but it was when he got a good glimpse of the guard's usually covered wrist that set Jackson into high alert.