Chapter 13

"What do you mean you can't remove it?" Jackson gawked at Fitzsimmons.

SHIELD had effectively managed to clear out the Watchdogs and make everyone believe the issue truly was an electrical error (how they managed to hide bullet holes was beyond Jackson). Tony really was a helpful distraction as many of Jackson's fans, and members, were delighted to see the Iron Man himself. SHIELD had patched him up and sent him on his way back inside where the rapper put together a somewhat passable excuse as to where he was and why no one could find him.

"I went out a different way. And left my phone inside." Was all Jackson could come up with.

Besides a few suspicious glances from some of his members (Jaebum and Jinyoung) and more knowing glances from others (Yugyeom and Mark), it seemed to work well enough for their managers and staff to shove them back inside and rush them through outfit changes, hair and makeup, and a quick secondary rehearsal. Jackson was as first to finish up, when he received a text from Daisy to meet her and the rest of the heroes in a security room on the floor below his. Coulson and May were having a lengthy conversation in a corner that he couldn't pick out, Yoyo and Mack cuddled up together on a chair next to Fitzsimmons who were typing away on a table with a laptop connected to several other machines strung together with wires. Daisy stood at the door watching it all when Jackson came in.

"While we were able to deactivate it, its drawn out too much electricity for us to remove it without structural damage." Fitz explained.

"That and one wrong misstep could lead to a citywide power outage. It's better if we circumnavigate it throughout the venue and let it burn itself out until we can safely remove it." Simmons tacked on.

"So you're saying use it to power our concert basically?"

Daisy shrugged, "Wouldn't hurt. Pretty sure the venue wouldn't mind not having to generate its own electricity for the next few days."

Jackson shuddered at the thought of performing right under a machine that could've wiped them all out an hour ago, but cancelling now would a) cause chaos and b) disappoint their fans. There's a part of the idol that also wanted to perform just to blank out the craziness that occurred.

"You alright?" The agent asked.

"Still a bit sore in places but surprisingly yeah. Glad that I wasn't shot with an actually bullet so that's a plus."

"And mentally?"

Jackson pondered at her question before saying, "There's a lot to process and unfortunately not a lot of time right now. I know terrified is a trait to describe it. But less so when I remember that you all were here to help."

"Well it is our job," Jackson raised an eyebrow at Daisy, "However I wouldn't feel too great if something happened to you either. Happy?"

"Ah! Tsundere!" Jackson beamed at Daisy and put up finger hearts.

The agent flipped him off while trying (and failing) to hide a smile.

"Not gonna lie, it was also kinda cool to fight alongside with you. And then Tony joined in too."

"Stark just happened to be there Jackson." Daisy retorted.

"Yeah but it was perfect like-Oh! The Dream Team! That's what we should call ourselves!"

"The what?"

"The Dream Team. You, me, and Tony. Cause you two are the only people I've had full length dreams about when it came to my powers. That means your both incredibly important to me. And we're also pretty powerful together."

Daisy just stared the idol, "Okay no-"

"This has to be a thing now."

"No it does not."