XXII. Last Goodbye

XXII. Last Goodbye

I woke up with Jisoo hovering over me “Oh my gosh she opened her eyes. Lisa I’ll call the nurse.” She hurriedly went outside and then I realized I’m in the infirmary. I carefully push myself up and the nurse went in together with Jisoo, Sehun and Chanyeol “Is your head aching?” the nurse asked and checked my temperature “Lisa! Why didn’t you tell us you're here?” Jisoo said at my side “Good thing Sehun saw you a while ago or else you would’ve lied down on the floor.” She added. “Sorry for worrying you guys. I really thought I was okay when I came here.” The nurse took my temperature “I suggest you go home and rest . I will leave the papers here that you need to fill up before you go out.” The nurse said and went out.

“Lisa are you okay now?” Chanyeol asked and Sehun glared at him “Does she look like she’s okay?” Chanyeol raised his hands in a mocking surrender “Chill bro! I was just making a conversation. “Did you came here to cheer for your boyfriend? He was pretty cool a while ago until he heard you fainted and he messed up his game.” Chanyeol said like its not big deal. I stared at him not knowing what to response until Sehun cleared his throat “Uuh so you and him really got back huh?” he smiled awkwardly while scratching the back of his head. Once again I was at loss for words I guess Jennie didn't say anything to them. “They are not back together with that shit.” Jennie said at the door. We didn’t even heard her opening the door.

Chanyeol stared at her “Huh but you said the bet is off because she’s getting back together with her ex-boyfriend.” Jennie rolled his eyes “The deal is off but she didn’t get back together with him. In fact he broke her heart again.” Sehun looked at his friend “What deal are you talking about?” Chanyeol who looked guilty “Ooh uhh.” Jennie rolled her eyes again “Cat got your tongue now? Your friend here made a bet with me.” Sehun looked at Jennie “What kind of bet?” he asked curiously “How long you and Lisa would finally date.” Sehun glared at his friend “What the hell Chanyeol!” Chanyeol just laughed “Its just a kind of a joke bet Sehun. The bet’s off anyway. So Lisa you didn’t really get back together with your ex?” They all shifted their attentions to me as if on cue somebody opened the door and Jungkook came inside with a haggard look on his face “Lisa I heard you fainted in the hallway.” His expression relaxed when he saw that I’m okay. Jennie blocked him “What are you doing in here? Get out. She doesn't need you here.” She snapped.

“I just need to know she’s okay.” Jungkook reasoned out. “No. Get out.” Jennie pointed at the door “Jen why don’t we leave them for a moment. Let them talk this out.” Jisoo said “Jisoo? What are you talking about? Let this shit talk to Lisa? No way!” Jennie said to Jisoo “C’mon Jen. Let them talk for a while.” Sehun also agreed to Jisoo. “Bro are you sick too? Why would you let Lisa talk to his ex?” Chanyeol said with an unbelievable expression on his face but Sehun just dragged him out and Jisoo followed “Fine! 5 minutes and your done.” And then she went out.

“Lisa, baby what happened?” he said worry in his eyes. I can’t look at him or else I might change my mind and go back with him. My heart is still so weak for him. “You don’t have to worry about me. I got sick and I forced my body to come here but I’m okay now.” I said with a lone tear that escaped from my eye. “Lisa please hear me out.” He begged but I shook my head looked at him and smiled even though I’m dying inside “No Jungkook. Stop. You knew I was broken yet you decided to break me even more.” And this time I breakdown in front him. “Maybe its best for us to be strangers.” Jungkook cried too “I’m sorry.” That simple words but those words made me sobbed even more. I know he’s sincere but I just can’t trust him anymore.

“Someday we’re going to meet again and I hope when that time comes we will be greeting each other with a smile on our face. I wish you all the happiness Jungkook and for the last time I love you.” Jungkook cried silently “I’m sorry.” With one last hug we parted ways.

***

There is an epilogue.