Chapter 2

Nicole's POV

It has already been three whole days and I still haven't thought on how should I approach the student council president whom I needed to win over. Unlike me who was easy going, lazy, stubborn and arrogant, she's the complete opposite of me. She was smart, strict, hard-working and most of all gorgeous.

I have a run-ins with her a couple of times before due to my tardiness or my skipping and all i knew was she hated my guts or to be precise, she hated people like me who doesn't care about other things because of our rich parents. Well, she's right. I'm one of those people who took things for granted.

She's also well known in this school to be the 'ice princess'. In all my years, I haven't seem her with any friends except her loyal vice president.

The vice president, whom my number one rival in being the most popular was also her number one suitor. I just don't know why she wouldn't just date him. Admittedly, they do look good which each other.

I know my usual tactics and pick up lines wont work with her. She's not the like the other students here that'll jump into me the second I showed them interest.

Now, I need to find a way for her to finally recognized me. It's academically impossible for me to show off. Studying gave me a lot of head ache. It'll be too much for my tiny brain that I'm afraid it might explode.

As I walked around the field while making a plan and various strategies, I failed to notice the on coming ball that's headed in my direction.

Blag!

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay?"

"I'm so sorry!"

I heard voices but most of them were blur and I can't comprehend anything. My head's spinning and my visions were a blur.

"It's okay, I'll handle this." Said the voice. It was familiar but I can't put a face on it. "Go back to the game."

I sat and shook my head slowly to clear my visions. My eyes widened when I saw the girl that I needed to woo sitting closely beside me. "What the hell happened?"

"Our team was clearing the ball and unfortunately it went towards your head. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm good." I replied. This was my chance. I needed to make a good conversation with her. "I never peg you for a soccer girl."

"I'm not. It's one of my responsibilities as the student council president to oversee the matches and our school is the host tonight."

"Oh..." I feint innocence. "I thought your're cheering for your boyfriend." I then pointed at the school's vice president.

"John is not my boyfriend. He's just a friend."

"If you say so." I shrugged and waited for her reaction but I saw none. She was't defensive nor reactive. She's just... blank. "I think I'm a little dizzy." I faked when I stood up and wiggle a little, if I have to get this girl then I need to do everything make her like me.

"Let me take you to the clinic." Yes! She took the bait! "I just have to inform the team, wait here."

She went back and told one of the coaches about then ran back here, I remained seated as I watched her move. "Come on, let me help you up." She held me by my shoulder and I took this opportunity to wrap my arms in her waist. It was the first time that I have gotten this close to her and at that point, I felt a very thick wall around her.

It made me curious and I realized that I wanted to know her more.

Emilia's POV

I stood behind the reserves and tried to cheer for our soccer team. I wasn't into sport but I'm responsible in overseeing the game that was being hosted by our school.

The score was tied to 1 with a little more minutes to go until half time. Usually, I just make sure that the drinks, med kits, balls and stuff were all organize and prepare then I'll leave. But John was the captain of the soccer team and he asked me to watch.

They were in the heat of the game, both teams were fighting like it was their last. Our team's currently in the third place and the team that we were fighting was last year's champion.

Our opponent stole the ball and ran towards the goal post, the goalie held his position while his defenders tried to block the attacker, but the attacker as I studied was last year's MVP and the captain. When he was about to shoot, John came from nowhere and kicked the ball to the side, clearing it.

We looked at the direction of the ball and I saw a student got hit. One of the reserves tried to help but I said I'll handle it. It was my job to oversee all the students after all.

"Are you okay?" I ran towards her but she seemed daze.

"What the hell happened?" She asked while holding her head the I explained to her what happened.

It was then that I realized that the girl that was hit was Nicole, who was the number one player in this school. Based on the info that was sent to me, she had slept with almost half the school's population. I just don't have time to verify if it was true or not, gossip could be overly exaggerating. But one things for sure, she always had different girls per week based on my own observation.

I don't know where she had the idea of me being John's boyfriend, I think it's because he's around me most of the time but he's just a good friend. He did court me but I turned him down.

I have no idea why I need to defend myself to this girl. Being John's girlfriend isn't really a bad thing but still, it doesn't feel right.

"I think I'm a little dizzy." She said when she wiggled upon standing up.

"Let me take you to the clinic." I offered. I believe John will understand and it's almost half time anyway. I'll be back before the game ends.

I ran back and told the assistant coach what happened and he just dismissed me for his so focused on the game. "Damn!" He said when the goalie caught the ball.

Nicole remained seated as I ran back to her. "Let me help you." I offered again and supported her using my shoulder and she held me by my waist. It was the first time that I had gotten close to someone other than my family. Her scent was intoxicating and I felt something in my veins that I can't explain but I knew exactly what.

We walked in silence towards the clinic as I pulled my walls up. I can't get close to her no matter what.

John's POV

Our team was currently facing last year's champion. Unfortunately, last year, we only landed the third place which really sucked. I'm not the captain then because I was only junior. With respect to him, he got skills but a soccer team can't win with only two good players.

The score's tied to 1. I managed to land a good one but their captain got it back in less than 10 minutes. From then on, we kept on battling each other.

I saw him stole the ball and passed through our defense. I ran as fast as I could in order to help the defense. I must win this game specially today that Em's watching. I must prove to her that I'm not just a rich boy and I'm both academic and sports capable.

He tried to shoot but I managed to clear the ball to the side. We all looked and I saw that somebody fell. As a student council president, Em was the one who took care of it. Glancing back, I noticed that it was Nick! My only rival in this school when it comes to popularity amongst women.

"John! Get back to the game!" Our coach yelled and I went back to my position grinning. Serves her right.

But then, I noticed that Em was supporting her back inside the school. "Damn it!" That girl was a real pain in my ass.

The referee then whistled to mark the end of the first half. We all went to our team to rest and to organize. But I wasn't paying any attention to any of his words as my attention was locked to the arms that was in Emily's waist.

I'll get you for that one day, asshole!