Chapter 13

Nicole's POV

It had been a month since Em and Maddy lived with me. Things were great but why do I have a feeling that I'm forgetting something. I just shrugged it off thinking it shouldn't be that important.

Our routine was pretty much the same, we'll leave Maddy at the day care then I'll drive us to school. I'll practice basketball while she does her council work.

We have won all of our games so far and managed to reach the semi-finals. Some of our opponents were tougher but some were like our first game. Jane really did improved a lot. She was one hell of a player maker. Our team also improved a lot, specially their scoring. They still rely on Jane and I most of the time to make a basket.

Emilia and I kept civil in school. We do not want to attract many attention but it kills me to be far from her. I wonder... am I falling for her?

"Sup Nick!" My friends came at the same time at our usual spot.

"Hey guys!" I greeted back.

"So... you never hang with us so lately... you busy with your new chick?" Brad teased. Oh yes I'm busy with my princesses but I would want them to know about that. "Any conquer you wanted to share with us?" He said with an evil grin.

"Nopes." Was my short response and I hoped that he'll drop the topic.

"Oh come on... share! we know that look! you got your eye on someone." Tony interrupted.

"Oh yes I do."

"So Nick... what's the progress about the ice princess?" James asked from the corner.

"Huh?" I asked. Confused.

"The bet?" he reminded. Oh shit! The bet! That's the thing that I have forgotten. "Don't tell us you'll backing out?"

"I guess I owed you guys ten thousand dollars." I said nonchalantly. It will destroy Em if she found out the everything started with a bet.

"Seriously? No way!" Brad said.

"I'm serious guys. Bet's off. I'll give your ten thousand gran by the end of the month. And please, never mention this bet to anyone." They must have sensed the seriousness on my voice that they all went silent.

"You like her... didn't you?" It was Jane. One look at her eyes and she knew the answer.

"Like is an understatement... I think I have a deep feelings for her." I admitted to them.

"Oh my goodness! Our beast have been tamed!" James commented while Tony elbowed him. There's something strange about those two.

"It's settled. Bet's off. You don't need to pay me anything. I'm just glad you finally found the one." Brad replied. It was actually sweet of them to understand my situation.

"Yeah... you don't need to pay us anything..." Tony added.

"Thanks guys!" I sincerely said.

"Just don't screw this up Nick! She's a nice woman even though she's still the ice princess. Maybe you could break her ice." Jane remarked.

"I won't... I'll make sure of that."

"What are you doing here then? Go join her!" It was Tin who pushed me from my chair.

Emilia's POV

I was sitting in my usual spot when a figure stood in front of me. "John... please not now." I said without even looking.

"Ehem..."

I looked up and saw it was Nicole. "Sorry. I though you're John."

"Mind if I join you?" She asked.