3.0 VICE CITY

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I slowly got up and went to my bathroom to do my hygiene. I finished up and went to wake my brothers up. I got them up and waited for them to get dressed. The both came out into the living room.

"Sam I don't wanna go to school." Jojo said sitting next to me on the couch.

"You gotta go so you don't end up like mom." I said fixing his hair a little.

"Did y'all say good morning to nana?" I said turning around. They shook their head. I lead them back to her room.

She looks so helpless. She's pretty much brain dead. She can't speak or move. I'm pretty sure if she could speak she'd tell me to just pull the plug. My mom told me to never. Or at least until she gets out the pin.

They both gave her a kiss on the cheek and left.

I left her room. I went to my room and put on some slides and a jacket.

"Y'all eat some cereal before I walk y'all to school!" I called out. I got my phone and sat on my bed. I scrolled through Instagram for a minute. I walked out into the kitchen and washed their bowls. I grabbed both of their back packs and we left.

"Roni got a girlfriend." Jojo said out of nowhere. I lightly chuckle.

"For real. Don't be out here breaking hearts." I said patting Roni on the head.

"actually I have 2 girls." Roni spoke. We both started laughing. We were interrupted by Maya coming up to us.

"Wassup guys." She said dapping me up.

"What's the move today?"

"Honestly I don't know. Today I was just gonna chill and watch tv all day." I responded. She nodded and examined the scars on my face.

"Don came up to my complex looking for you. What y'all got going on?" She asked. I sighed.

"I owe him 500." I said. She paused and looked me.

"You know he's a killer. If you don't get him his money he's gonna- never mind. How are you gonna get the money."

"I don't know. But I gotta figure out before tonight." I said.

"Who is Don?" Jojo asked. "Nobody" I replied quickly.

"I was gonna ask my dad but he doesn't care about us anymore. He has a whole new family living up on the rich side and shit." I started to go off.

"Just ask him. He might come around." Maya said. I shook my head.

We finally approached the school.

"Y'all be good." I said handing them their back packs. They both nodded and headed into the school.

Maya continued off to where she was going. I turned around and headed back towards my house.

•••

I went inside the house and changed into something cuter. I come back out to the porch and sat down. I was playing with my blade until I looked up to see the boy from the window standing in front of me.

"Those are dangerous." He said coming and sitting next to me.

"What's your name?" He asked. I examined the tattoos on his face for a second.

"My name's Samira but people call me Sam." I said. "You?"

"Jahseh But people call me x" He said scratching the numb tatto under his eye.

"I seen you cleaning some wounds on your face yesterday. You good?" He said out of the blue.

"Yeah I got jumped yesterday. But I'm fine I guess."

"Oh... why." He asked I chuckled a little.

"Well I owe this dude some money. I need to give it to him by tonight 'or else'" I said quoting Don.

"I gotchu. How much you need?" He said taking out a stack of cash."

"Nah you gotta be kidding me." I said. He laughed.

"Nah ma you good. How much you need?"

"500." I said lowly. He shrugged and gave me the whole thing.

"You sure I don't owe you?" I asked flipping through the money. He nodded and held out his pinky. I shook his pinky with mine.

"Yo who this?" A deep raspy voice said coming up the steps.

"I'm Samira." I said. He nodded and dapped X up.

We sat on the porch and talked for hours. I got up and grabbed my phone.

"I gotta go get my brothers from school." I said about to walk away.

"We can go with you." X said getting up. I nodded and lead the way.

"So you don't go to school?" Ski asked taking out a cigarette.

"I dropped out so I could take care of the fam. But it's whatever." I said putting my hands in my pocket.

"Your parents not around?" X said looking at me.

"Well my moms in prison and my dad has a whole new family. Their rich. & my nana well she's sick." I said briefly. I noticed a familiar car driving up to us. It came to a stop and Don got out. Even though I have the money I was still scared.

"You got my money." He said looking ski and X up and down.

"Uh yeah." I said taking the money from out my pocket. I handed it to him. He started to flip through it.

"When I get home and count this money and it ain't enough that's your head." He said with a slight grip on my wrist.

"Yo." X said taking his hand off my wrist.

"Nigga do you not know what who I am?" Don said turning towards him. Ski stepped up to Don.

"No I don't nigga." X said. Don swiftly socked him in the jaw. Ski ran up on him and tackled him.

"Oh my god stop!" I yelled trying to pull ski off of Don. Then a woman got out the car and ran up on me.

She tried swinging but I dodged it. Too easy. I swept her leg making her fall onto the concrete. I sat on her torso sending constant blows to her face. By this time Don had gotten into his car and drove off. X was trying to pull me off of her but I had blacked out. After a while she stopped moving.

"Yo get up she out!" X yelled trying to drag me off of her.

"Shit we gotta go. My brothers..." I said to myself.

•••