The Pack

Two days had gone by. In a matter of hours, the third day would be gone. She blinked in surprise as she double checked her cell phone. She wasn't even aware that much time had gone by. She'd spent the entire time curled up in a ball of tears and self-pity. 

She felt gross like she definitely needed a shower, but she also felt clarity. Klaus and Damon would be coming for an answer soon. She looked down at her worn and wrinkled clothes. The same ones she'd borrowed from Amara. Suddenly disgusted with herself, she peeled them off and threw them in a corner, making a dash to the shower and turning the water to hot. 

Klaus

"I don't believe she's done anything but mourn. I know not whether a decision was ever made." He watched Damien's face carefully, smirking when the Alpha's eyes didn't leave the little half blood's bedroom window, as they hadn't for the past three days. He had suspected the ancient alpha had a soft spot for Lily. Good. It was about damn time. 

"She must answer tonight." Damien's voice was gruff. "She must be initiated tonight." 

"Does she actually have a choice?" Questioned Klaus, still smirking, an expression he hid when Damien's piercing gaze fell on him. 

"Of course," Damien stated. Then his eyes went back to the woman's window. Right, Klaus thought, and who are you trying to convince me or you? Damien tensed at the same time Klaus did. Movement. They'd both heard it at the same time. The light went on and she walked past the window, still, in the same clothing, she'd been wearing. Klaus sighed. 

"I give her ten minutes, then I'm bringing her out here." 

"Agreed." Damien murmured, voice pensive. 

Lily

She felt a million times better after her nice hot shower. She'd pulled on some boy shorts and was just donning a tank top when her bedroom door burst open and in came Klaus. 

"What the shit!" She yelped, jumping a few feet backward, alarm running through her system. Klaus grinned at her, flushing slightly in embarrassment when he took her in. 

"No one heard from you?" He shrugged. 

"So you shock and awe my door?!" She yelled. He grinned mischievously at her and she couldn't help but forgive him right there. "Stop it with the dumb grin." She grumped. 

"I'm glad to see you showered. I wasn't looking forward to the smell if you hadn't." She didn't even want to ask how he knew she hadn't showered the whole time. If she had to guess he'd probably been watching over her. 

"So, I guess you're here for my answer then?" He nodded. 

"Damien is waiting outside. I was going to bring you to him." 

"Kicking and screaming by the look of things." She gestured to her ruined door. "You are fixing my door by the way." She shrugged and grinned. 

"No problem. Shall we?" She rolled her eyes, put on some flip flops and followed him into the backyard, whose fence had in fact, not kept out the wolves. As she walked towards Damien, looking forbidding and dark under the full moon she realized for the first time, just how attractive he really was.