Happily Ever After

Cenric and Damien ran pell-mell the length and breadth of Damien's pack lands until well past the sun went down, reveling in just running wild together again after such a long time apart

Cenric and Damien ran pell-mell the length and breadth of Damien's pack lands until well past the sun went down, reveling in just running wild together again after such a long time apart. Finally, they stopped when they hit a cliff looking down into a ravine full of rushing rapids. Both males shifted into skin form and sat down on the edge, looking over. 

"It is good to see you, my friend." Cenric murmured. After all this time he still had an accent. 

"And you." Damien agreed. "What is it I hear that you still cannot control your wolf?" 

"I have never been able to. I force him down but he must escape and there must be a casualty." 

"And your pack has dealt with this from you?" 

"They are used to it."

"That is not the way to lead Cenric, surely you know this?" 

"Even if my Mate were not keen on reminding me of it, yes, I know it. Why do you think I am here. You are notorious for your control. Teach me, brother. Teach me so that I do not lose Quinn." For the first time in centuries, Damien saw vulnerability in Cenric's yellow eyes. 

"I will aid you brother. You will be at my side and observe how my pack is run. And when we have free time, I will teach you how to become one with your wolf instead of constantly fighting it." 

"You have my thanks, Damien." Damien nodded, surprised at this turn of events. As usual, however, his mind soon turned to Lily and he found the need to see her and touch her was strong in him, his instincts as a mated Male rising to the surface. 

"Come, it's time we returned to the females. Who knows what they plot in our absence." Cenric smirked. 

"You have no idea." Soon they were both in fur form and bolting to the cabin which now served as the pack house. They both halted at what they saw. There was a large group of females watching Quinn teach Lily how to throw a knife to lethal effect. Cenric's wolf huffed in amusement while Damien's thumped his tail in consternation. His Lily didn't need to learn the art of knife throwing, she was dangerous enough with tooth and claw. 

He shifted and called for her, but all his doubts about her current activities melted in the wake of that brilliant smile. 

*Lily and Quinn below

The two Lunas together was an intimidating sight and powerful in their own right

The two Lunas together was an intimidating sight and powerful in their own right. Damien moved forward and pulled Lily in close to him, so that her back was to his chest.

Lily

She reveled in being in her mate's arms. She'd missed him despite how much fun she'd been having with Quinn, and the meeting with Amara. The males had been gone a long time, more than enough for Lily to have her answers. 

She watched as Quinn and Cenric greeted each other. There was a kind of distance between them, a wariness. They were still not quite as mates should be with one another. She looked around and grinned. All the females and many males were present. Now was as good a time as any. 

Lily turned in Damien's arms and smiled up at him. 

"I have news." 

"Go ahead." He murmured, looking mildly curious. 

"I'm pregnant with our son." She rested her hands on her still flat belly. She now had one hundred and ten percent of his attention. He leaned in and sniffed at her neck, taking her scent in deep. When he pulled away his eyes were wide. "Well?" She asked nervously. Was he upset about having a pup with her? They had discussed it and agreed that if it happened it was okay. Had he changed his mind? 

Worry and panic began to set in a little bit but then he picked her up and twirled her around, both of them laughing before his lips crashed down onto hers. All the males began to shift and howl for their Alpha who now had an heir on the way. She'd heard of this. It was a tradition in werewolf packs for all the males to run together in celebration when the Luna fell pregnant the first time. She and the other women, including Quinn grinned as they all went bolting into the forests, lost to the call of their wilder natures. 

Quinn's expression held a kind of sadness to it. 

"Don't worry Quinn. No doubt you'll conceive in your next heat." She smiled sadly at Lily. 

"I would need to have a Heat first." 

"What do you mean? You are marked and mated." 

"I'm marked, Lily, not mated." 

"Why?" Lily was flabbergasted. It had taken everything in her not to jump Damien's bones and she hadn't lasted very long, and that as a half breed." 

Quinn was a pureblood Alpha female. "I mean if it's prying you don't need to tell me anything, but what is going on between you two?" Quinn smirked. 

"That's a very long story, Lily, but if you have some time, I'd be willing to tell you everything that has happened to me since the day my original pack, the Mercenary Dogs, were slaughtered by a pretender to Cenric's title. But you need to believe in the Moon Goddess to believe what I tell you." 

Lily pondered Quinn's words and she remembered how her necklace had glowed with its one mystical light and how Amara had said she was a Luna blessed by the Moon Goddess. How could she do anything but believe after everything she had seen. Because of the Moon Goddess, she'd gone from a lonely NYC girl to the Luna of a great pack. Considering how amazing her own story was, she could only imagine Quinn's. 

"I'm happy to listen." 

"Well, it was war..." Quinn began.