He Didn't Kiss Me

Garrett

Andrew blinks slowly, unable to process what I've just said.

"What... what do you mean it's okay??"

"I mean, it's okay!! You and I aren't dating, and I know he likes you and him kissing you is not a big deal."

"He didn't kiss me, Garrett." 

"Wait... what??" 

"He didn't kiss me, I didn't let him... What the hell do you mean you know he likes me?? What the fuck is going on here?"

"Andrew, I didn't..." 

"You knew he liked me?? And you still let him alone with me??"

"I didn't want to seem possessive!"

"I was DRUNK Garrett, you're lucky I said no. I can't believe you, what the fuck."

"I didn't think you'd be upset about it?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T THINK ID BE UPSET TO LEARN THAT MY BOYFRIEND WILLINGLY LEFT ME WITH A GUY, DRUNK AND ALONE, KNOWING THAT THE GUY HAD FEELINGS FOR ME?"

"Andrew, I."

"Save it, Garrett... I don't even want to see you right now."

"Andrew!"

"No, really, I'm leaving. I'll call you later." 

Andrew

I'd never been angrier at a person in my entire life I don't think. I sit outside of Garrett's place, still fuming as I wait for my Uber. What the hell had he been thinking? Letting Caleb confess his feelings for me, knowing that he and I were very much so... well, what were we? I'd called him my boyfriend, but I knew we weren't exactly that yet. 

"I didn't want to rush into anything" 

His words from a couple of nights back echo in my ears, and I can kind of see where he's coming from now. Still, didn't change the fact that he basically gave Caleb the chance to kiss me, something I definitely wouldn't have been okay with. My phone buzzes, 

"Come back inside."

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Please, I know you're still here."

I bite my lip, debating whether I should go back inside or stand in my decision to go home. I knew that if I went back inside that I'd still be mad, I understood why Garrett had let it happen, but it didn't mean that I agreed with it, at all. I text back,

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"I'll come by later." 

He responds quickly,

"okay... I'm really sorry Andrew." 

I pocket my phone, my uber was here. Making my way to the car, I hope I'm making the right decision. I get in the car and give my address to the driver, leaning my head back in the seat. I hated arguing with Garrett, but something about this argument didn't scare me. I knew that by the end of the night we'd be okay, I just needed time to decompress, shower, and collect my thoughts. 

I liked the fact that Garrett was letting this happen slowly, but when would it end? When would he claim me as his own? It seemed as if he didn't care if I'd ended up with someone else, and I knew it was silly of me to think that, but after what'd happened last night it almost seemed true. I was wrong, and I knew it, I knew Garrett cared a lot about me, and this was why he was being so cautious with me and us, but it was starting to take a toll on my end. His actions from last night had only confused the shit out of me. Was he as serious about this relationship as I was? Was I just making things up? No, hopefully not.