Absofuckinlutely

It's been a year since Garrett's big proposal.

I fall to my knees, my heart racing a thousand beats per minute. Was this real life? Was he really proposing to me?

"These past few years with you have been— just the absolute best. You make me want to be a better person every day. Your kindness and the love that you have for everyone in your life is truly inspiring. I'd be a fool not to want to spend the rest of my life with you, Andrew Siwicki."

Words, you need to say words, preferably positive ones in the form of "yes I'll fucking marry you." All I can do is nod, my words definitely failing me.

"Y-yes." I sputter, my brain finally allowing me to say one word. Everyone's clapping, and I can feel Katie jumping on the both of us, squealing with pure joy.

The two boys had moved in together officially the next week, of course, Andrew had spent most nights at Garrett's anyways, but now that they were engaged, things were different. The two boys were basically inseparable.

"How many times?"

"What?"

I pick up his shoes from the doorway, I'd just tripped, AGAIN over them.

"I thought you said you liked that part about me!"

"Babe, you're not going to have anyone to marry if I die by tripping over your shoes!!"

"Oh, please, you're not going to die by tripping..."

"You'd better hope to God that I don't." He giggles, and places a kiss on the top of my head.

"You're so cute when you're mad, you know that?"

"I'm glad you think so..." I mutter, tossing the shoes to the side of the room.

There had been a few ups and downs since the proposal, but for the most part, everything had turned out well. The boys learned more about each other with every day they spent together.

"You can't deny that you and that bartender had something!!"

"Are you on actual crack?? Garrett, what the hell are you talking about?"

"He was so into you, and you accepting that drink from him? Really?" I roll my eyes as I get ready for bed.

"Are we seriously talking about this? He was being nice, and hell he saved you from having to pay for the drink, I don't see the problem! People flirt with you all the time?"

"Bullshit!! They do not!!" I shoot him a look, knowing very well that he was in fact wrong.

"Yeah, okay." I roll my eyes as I pull back the covers on the bed.

"I'm just saying, you didn't have to accept the drink." He grumbles, also pulling his side of the covers back.

"Are you seriously pissed about this?" I can start to feel myself getting angry at this pointless fight.

"Yes!!"

"Why?? I'm here with YOU, I came with YOU, I left with YOU, I'M ENGAGED— TO YOU!" I wave my hand in his face, the ring... The ring was gone. Oh, fucking hell. I bring my hand up to my face, examining it closely. "Uh..."

"Oh haha! You "lost" the ring, very funny Andrew." I begin to panic, quickly going through my pants pocket, and then when the ring wasn't there, I begin to search around the bedroom. It's not long before Garrett realizes that I'm not joking and that the ring he's given me is actually missing. "Wait, are you serious??"