The prophecy

A/N on the cover image: This is the suit of armor Lea dresses in. 

"Well, I still don't know what to make of this crazy game world. But I like this part a lot better than that maze!" Joey remarked, as he and the others were inside the carriage. 
"I like Adena. At least she knows how to travel in high style." Mai said, about Adena. 
"Yeah." Lea nodded in agreement. 
"That’s true. Mokuba, you should be flattered that Kaiba based such a cool character on you." Yugi told Mokuba, smiling. 
"On me?" Mokuba questioned, as he pointed to himself. 
Joey grinned as he faced Mokuba and said teasingly, "Yeah, on you! My lady!" 
Lea glared at Joey at what he just called Mokuba, and so she elbowed him on the ribs really hard.  
"Hey!" Mokuba snapped at Joey. 
"Oh, look at that!" Yugi suddenly exclaimed, which made the others surprised. 
"Huh?" Mai questioned, and it appeared to be some kind of castle. Both Joey and Lea were amazed. 
"Excellent! Hope they got food in this game!" Joey hoped. 
"Gee, I just hope they can help us. We need to find Seto." Mokuba hoped as well. Lea took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, reassuring him that maybe they will help them find Kaiba. 
The carriages just kept riding all the way to the castle, and as soon as they got there, the gang all got out of their carriages and saw that the knights guarded the castle and were letting the gang go in. 
"Check out this pad!" Joey exclaimed in awe, before Earu suddenly went on top of Yugi's head. 
Adena giggled, "It seems Earu has taken a liking to you." 
Lea giggled to herself. 
"Is this your palace?" Yugi asked Adena, curiously. 
"Why, yes. I am the princess of this land, Sin Lau. Princess Adena." Adena answered, as she curtsied. Everyone was all shocked at the fact that Adena was a princess!  
"Princess?!" The gang asked in unison. 
"Wow!" Lea breathed, in awe. She always wondered what it'd be like if she met a real princess, and here even if she was in a game, she was actually meeting a real princess. 

Everyone was inside the castle, and everyone ate as much as food as they desired. 
"Careful, everyone. Keep your hands and feet away from Joey's mouth." Mai warned, which made Lea giggle a little. 
Then Joey suddenly choked. 
"Are you okay?!" Mai asked, concerned. 
"Happens all the time." Joey assured, but Mai was not fazed. 
"Disgusting." She rolled her eyes. 
"Princess Adena, do you have any news of my  brother Seto?" Mokuba suddenly asked Adena. 
"Well, I didn't want to say anything before, but... People often disappear when it is time for the offering." Adena answered, a bit shyly. 
"Offerings?" Yugi questioned, slightly confused. 
"What do you mean?" Mai chimed in. 
"Every year, this time offerings are collected from this and another kingdom, so that the Mythic Dragon can be resurrected." Adena explained.
"Mythic Dragon?" Yugi asked, surprised. 
"The other kingdom has already put up their offering. Some stranger from a distant land." 
What Adena said made Mokuba's eyes widen, "That's Seto! Please, tell me where he is!"
"He's in a dark castle floating in the sky." Adena answered, gravely. 
"A dark castle?" Lea asked. 
"Why does that sound familiar?" Joey chimed in, with a snarky tone. 
"The Castle of Dark Illusions?" Yugi stepped in, seriously. 
"That painting tells the tale. We have passed down the legend for generations. Long ago, a hero escaped that dreaded castle on a flying machine. It is said he hid his vessel in Sin Lau a thousand years ago, his ship was never found, and there's no other way to reach the dark castle." Adena answered in explanation, as she gestured to the painting of a bird that was between day and night. 
"We could fly there on Joey's dragon." Mai suggested. 
"A magic barrier protects the castle. No Duel Monsters can penetrate it." Adena shook her head, which made the others shocked. Mokuba was dejected, and all Lea did was take his hand, trying to be comforting. 
"Don't you worry. Just keep telling yourself this is only a game. We can solve it." Mai reassured Mokuba, gently. Adena and her nursemaid were a bit surprised at what Mai said. 
Mai gasped, and she said frantically with a nervous smile, "I mean, life's a game!" 
Lea just squeezed Mokuba's hand tightly and said gently to him, "Don't worry, Mokuba. We will get your brother back." 
Mokuba sighed, but he eyed her and smiled softly, making her blush. 
"So what are you going to do about your kingdom's offering?" Mai suddenly asked Adena, which made her surprised. 
"Well, I've... volunteered." Adena answered shyly, which made the others surprised. 
"But don't worry about my fate for when the legend comes a prophecy, and it predicts that epic heroes will come to Sin Lau from beyond the distant mountains. It is these great heroes, who, united, will create a power that is strong enough to destroy the Mythic Dragon." Adena added.
"Are you saying you think that that's us?" Yugi asked. 
"You think... We're the epic heroes from the prophecy?" Mai chimed in. 
"Yes. On your shoulders rest the fate of our kingdom." Adena nodded, smiling. 
Joey was pumped, "All right now! Ha ha! Super Joey is here to save the day!" 
"Super dorks more like it. This isn't an eating contest, Joey. This is dangerous." Mai rolled her eyes. 
"Whatever. We gotta go through that Mythic Dragon to rescue Kaiba anyway, right? The way I see it, there's no choice." Joey retorted snidely, and Yugi nodded in agreement. Both Lea and Mokuba nodded in agreement as well. 
"To properly prepare you, we will adorn you in the manner of our greatest heroes." Adena told the gang.