Part 1. Jericho

I saw her standing in the meadow looking lost and jogged to a stop, who was she?

"Hey" I called out and her hair flared out around her as she spun to face me looking scared. "You look lost?" I teased my eyes travelling down her barely clad body, my eyebrows raising, who would venture out in their pyjamas at the crack of dawn.
"I'm Genevieve, I need to get back to keepers cottage" she called back and started heading towards me. "can you point me the right way?"
Ahh this was the new gamekeepers daughter, I remember mum had said they were arriving this week, she would be going to college with us this September,  as she got closer I saw more of her and felt myself get mad at her, stupid little girl, anyone could have been out here.
"What the hell are you doing out here like this" I snapped at her as she came to a stop in front of me, she was tiny next to me, "anyone could be out here and your not dressed" I growled.
She glared up and me and fisted her hands on her waist "I got lost, it was a mistake and who are you to tell me I'm not allowed out here" she growled back almost toe to toe with me.

"Jericho Rose, this is my family estate" I told her glaring back, who did this little demon think she was, standing up to me.

I watched the emotions chase across her face and her rich chocolate eyes darken as she took a step back and gritted her teeth before shocking me. She bowed  "Oh master I am so sorry to disturb, please I beg can you direct me home, before harm comes" she straightened and grinned evilly up at me until her glare returned.  I could hear the threat in her words, like this tiny creature could hurt me but I had to grin at her spirit, I couldn't wait to tell my brothers about her, she could make this summer fun.
"That way" I pointed North towards the nearest road "500 yards and you'll come to a track, turn left and it will take you back towards the estate, your cottage is signposted where the road splits" I told her grinning as she said "thank you" through gritted teeth.
"See you soon" I called as she walked away from me, laughing out loud as she muttered "not if I see you first".
I watched her till she disappeared into the trees and turned back to my run, smiling to myself as I thought of the little devil taking her long walk, I could have shown her an easy shortcut, but where was the fun in that.
xx

Noah and Eli were in the kitchen when I reached the house "coach is going to kick your arses if you don't keep up" I warned them sitting down at the table to join them, pouring myself a glass of juice.
Eli laughed "Hah, its the beginning of the holidays, I want to relax and unwind, schools done, we're free till September can we not just have fun"
I grin to myself "oh trust me, I had fun"
Noah's sharp gaze locked on me "explain?"
"I met the new gamekeepers daughter" I pause wondering how to describe her to them and grin to myself again at the way she had talked back, they needed to experience her face to face. "she's something else" I tell them, wondering how long it will be before they get curious enough to go see what I mean.
"Riki, come on, what's she like?" Eli groans.
"Oh no, i'm not going to spoil your first impressions, I'll just say good luck" I tease them.
Mom's arrival stops our conversation as she growls at us, about the state of our rooms and the amount of stuff she wants us to do to get the granary ready for our sisters return. 
Noah gets up and pulls her into a hug stopping her rant "mom we will help you, just tell us what to do" he tells her hugging her tight.  We laugh as she disappears into his hold, our mom is tiny at just 5ft 2 small, we all tower over her, just like our dads and older brothers and sisters, but she has a huge personality, I grin again my mind remembering the tiny devil I met this morning, she was moms height, maybe all tiny females were feisty.
"oh my babies, you are such good boys" she told us, hugging Noah back before kissing the tops of our heads, as she had all our lives. "eww mom, come on we're too big for baby kisses now" Eli groaned but I know we all love when she does it.
"okay my babies" she teases us bustling about the kitchen making breakfast as our dads join us and the conversation turns towards what everyone is doing today.
xx

Noah and I end up going with Dad Luc in the van to pick up new beds, while Eli helps mom and Dad Hades move furniture from the house down to the granary, Dad Daemon heads off to his office to conference call with our other brothers who are working out of the London office this week.
The granary is coming together nicely ready for our sisters return next month, everyone is looking forward to them returning home with their best friend Eve, they are going to live and work from here and I smile as I work, thinking of how we can finally tease our older brothers over their intentions for Eve, our sisters tiny friend. For as long as I can remember she had been part of our family but three years ago our older brothers told us they were waiting for her to finish university and then they would claim her.
I look up at my brothers as we put another bed frame together "Why are all females called Eve tiny?"
"Thats random, how many do you know?" Noah asked.
"Mom, she's Eva and is what 5'2, Eve she's about the same and...." I shook my head not wanting to think of her "no don't worry"
My brothers shared a look and pounced, taking me down and when I was pinned to the floor "And who Riki?" Noah pushed my arm up behind my back, "who?" Eli laughed sitting on my legs. I tried to break free by couldn't.
"Genevieve, she's tiny too" I groaned.
"Who the hell is Genevieve?" they asked together.
"The gamekeepers daughter" I groaned "now get off me"
"The girl you met this morning?" Eli asked falling off me and I nodded as I could move again.
"what's she like" Noah said and they both looked at me.
"Tiny with attitude" I tell them.
"Oh, sounds like she got under your skin, I want to meet her now" Eli laughs and Noah nods in agreement.
"Good luck" I laugh back thinking how she looked and reacted this morning.