Part 3. Genevieve

Home for the summer, I sighed both happy and nervous and leaned forward as the taxi turned down the lane to the cottage. I could see the warm golden stone and smiled at the riot of roses that climbed over the front of the house. Before the taxi had stopped the front door opened and mum rushed out to greet me. "Welcome home sweetie, its so good to have you back" she cried grabbing me into a tight hug and not letting go as dad passed us to get my bags from the driver and pay him.
I could feel tears in my eyes as I hugged her back before dad joined us and hugged us both. taking my cases to my room.  It was exactly how I left it, even down to a book I was halfway through still on my bedside table waiting for me.  I lay back on the bed and starred at the ceiling allowing the smell and sounds to relax me, for two years I had been studying in America and mum and dad had come out to visit me during the holidays rather than me returning to the estate.  

They had kept me up to date on what was happening on the estate and Miss Eva and the Rose girls had all kept in touch, I had even met up with Emme for a few weeks when she had come to America to cover a sports team, and i'd been there to watch her admit defeat and fall in love with Carter.   Nick had come out to see me during my first year and had met a guy and had finally told his parents he was gay, they were still together, despite the distance and now Jonah was coming over at the end of the summer to do his final year at Uni here with Nick and I.  We were playing with the idea of sharing a flat rather than commuting from home.

My boys... I had tried to forget the boys, stopped or changed every conversation in which they were mentioned, I couldn't think about them without my heart hurting.  How were they, was Noah still with Mandy, I shook my head trying to clear my racing thoughts.

"Evie Dinner" mum called and I rolled off the bed to rejoin my family, I would take each day as it came, I was stronger now.