Part 4. Epilogue

"Tristan, where are your daddies?" I gaze at our five year old son who is peaking round the studio door. "Umm", he twisted his hands behind his back and sidled towards me, "Busy Mommy" he said, his eyes wide as he smiled up at me. Gods, I could see his fathers in his face but knew from experience he was no innocent.
"Tristan?" I asked helping him up on the stool next to me, his tiny hand touching my swelling stomach. "Mommy, I want a brother, please. not a sister" he pulled a face at the word sister and I laughed softly. "Oh Tris, we don't know yet, it will be a few more months and then we will find out" I explain.
"Can we send it back, if it's wrong?" he asked seriously and I pull him into my side. "No baby, whatever I have is ours forever" I tell him, hugging him against me, wondering what his sisters had done to him this time.
"Now, where are your daddies?" I ask him again and he huffs, "Daddy Eli is with Nana and other daddies are with them".
"Baby, your sisters are not 'them', they have names like you" I scold him gently, knowing part of his frustration was now being away at school each day, he felt the twins were getting more attention that he was.
"They are annoying" Tristan declared solemnly and I tried not to laugh at him as he tensed and looked guilty at the shout of his name from outside.
"Uh oh, you're in trouble now" I tease as Riki races through the door, stopping at seeing Tristan in my lap.
"Sorry daddy" Tristan quickly says.
Riki leaned down to give me a kiss before ruffling Tristans hair and sitting down with us. I grinned at him, my heart full of love for my husbands and children. it had been a busy five years, welcoming first Tristan, then 2 years later Talia and Tasha, our twins into our family and now I was pregnant again. I had panicked when Eva had teased me about multiples and the fact I had 1 then 2 children so maybe it would be 3 this time but the scan showed only 1, thankfully, between family and work I didn't think I could have handled 3.
"What are you doing in here little man?" Eli asked our son softly.
"I came to talk to Mommy about a brother, I don't want more girls" he replied with a cherubic smile and Eli laughed. "What did they do to you now?" Tristan scowled "I wanted to play football and they want to do a tea party with dolls" he grumbled and again I had to bite my lip to stop me laughing.
"Ah yes, I can see that might be a bit of a blow" Eli nodded, "How about we go make a picnic and see if we can get mommy and the girls to join us for lunch in the garden and she can referee a game of football while she rests, I'm sure the girls will have finished their tea party by now"
Our son grinned and yelled "Yes, yes, come on mommy. Picnic lunch" he slid off my knee and rushed to the door, calling for the girls and his daddies. Riki smiled and helped me off the stool, pulling me into his arms and kissing me softly. "Have I told you how beautiful you look today baby, how much I love you?" he asked gently nibbling my neck, his other hand resting on my stomach.
I shivered in arousal in his arms and grinned up at him "Yes you told me this morning, but I love hearing you say it, and I love you too" I stretched up on tiptoe and kissed his lips before dancing away after our son.
The picnic turned into an afternoon with grandparents and cousins, aunts and uncles joining us in the garden, a rowdy game of football allowing the younger and older players to race about happily. My men each taking time to sit with me, a hand on my stomach between hugs and kisses, until the children call them away to play. This was everything I never allowed myself to dream off when I was sixteen come true and I couldn't imagine anything more perfect.
I look around at the family around us and smile, picking up the camera at my side as I capture endless shots of our family, my loves, and our children, our greatest adventure and rewards.

The End.