Avoidance

For the next few days you avoided Saiki as much as possible. You stayed invisible while walking to school, pointedly ignored him in class, and even stopped hanging out with his group of friends. He had stayed true to his words and kept quiet about it, but you still couldn't handle any contact with him. So there you were, surrounded by the desperate guys you now deemed your friendship circle, still ashamed of how reckless you had been with your powers.

As you pretended to listen, you found yourself missing Saiki. You wanted to slap yourself until your face was raw because of how stupid it was to miss him: he was the one who made your life so complicated. The medium didn't give you trouble like Saiki did. You were actually friends with him. Yes, he was pretty perverted, but you thought it was funny and you could kind of relate to him. Toritska was actually one of the only actual friends you still hung out with because he didn't really talk to Saiki that much. His powers would have caused problems for you; that is, if you couldn't see and talk to ghosts as well. Honestly, it was almost funny how overpowered you were. At least you had drawbacks. It would be really unfair otherwise.

You saw someone with a pink bow in their hair out of the corner of your eye and your thoughts went back to Saiki. Would he really keep your secret? What would you do if he let it slip? You were fairly sure no one would believe but you could never be sure unless you wanted to use your powers. "Ugh, I'm not in the mood to think about my annoying abilities," you thought while rolling your eyes. The bell rang and your classes for the day began. You obstinately turned away from the pink-haired boy who sat next to you and focused on the teacher.

"(Y/n)?" Oh, great. He was trying telepathic communication now. You gritted your teeth and pretended nothing happened.

"(Y/n), I saw you react. Please answer me." Still no response from you. You were starting to feel uncomfortable and brushed your (h/l), (h/c) hair out of your face. This was reminding you too much of what happened on the roof. Gods, you had been such an idiot. Maybe if you could stop freaking out and calm down enough to focus your powers, maybe, maybe you could block his telepathy. You didn't want to risk messing up though, so you decided to ignore him for now and possibly try that at a later date.

"Look, (Y/n), I know this is hard for you and you don't know how to deal with the situation, but will you just say something? At least don't shut everyone else out because of me. They miss you..." You knew he was trying his hardest not to say that he missed you as well. You knew he was not normally like this and the peeks you took into his mind made your heart break, but you couldn't do this. Even if both of your secrets remained unknown, someone would end up getting hurt. Almost definitely Saiki. Your mind still rang with one phrase he said, something you'd probably never forget.

"IT'S NOT LIKE I DON'T FEEL ALONE EITHER!"

You couldn't let him in and then hurt him. It would break him. "Better for him to long for a closeness he's never felt than for him to feel what he wants and more, only to have me rip it away from him." You grimaced and blocked his telepathic powers with a single-minded determination.