Saviour

"No one knows what she's capable of? What does she mean?" Kusuo didn't know what to think... "Does this mean she can do even more?" And what was (Y/n) going to say about him before she stopped herself?

"Did you just call me by my first name?" The question flew out of his mouth as soon as he thought it and he tried not to blush at his idiocy. He never could hide his emotions around her. Her pale, worried face lit up with a grin and she giggled; he loved her laugh: it was lively and low and genuine and she snorted cutely when she tried to take breaths. He looked at her: with her wide, lopsided grin, head dipped with laughter, nose scrunched up, eyes crinkled, stray strands of hair in her face. And he started. At her kindness, her beauty, her strength, her veracity, her fire. But most of all, he was in awe of her presence and how it changed everything. She walked into a room and everything changed, not just because of her appearance; she was... magnetic. It was impossible not to like her, to laugh with her, or at least to be jealous of her.

"That's what you took out of that whole little monologue?" She rolled her eyes, her smile somehow broadening. "Yes, I called you by your first name. Is... is that okay?" She wavered slightly, realising that he might take offense, then sighed with relief when he shook his head.

"You can call me Kusuo, if I can call you by your first name too." (Y/n) nodded and ruffled his bright pink hair. She was so warm and her touch so comforting that he found himself wanting to embrace her, in spite of his icy nature.

"Now, what were you crying about up here?" She inquired, trying to keep her tone light but unable to disguise her concern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He'd barely stopped crying, his eyes still puffy and irritated with saline. He looked like Death's lesser known but more depressed younger brother, yet you still marvelled at how spectacularly beguiling he was to yoy. He averted your gaze, but, tentatively, you lifted his chin and peered into his violet eyes.

"Hey... you can tell me..." You sighed and added "I know I haven't been the friendliest, but I was scared... People, especially the ones who've known about my powers... they've hurt me. A lot. But," you drew in a shaky breath, "I'll try, okay?"

Kusuo nodded. "It's stupid." You glared at him, unsatisfied with his answer. "Okay... well, you've just been looking worse and worse and I was so worried and I've never met someone that I actually don't dislike before so..." He paused, unsure of how to verbalise his emotions.

"I felt... I was really worried. I don't know why I like you or whether I should be telling you all this at this point, but you're different, okay?" He sighed and looked at you with big, sad eyes behind his green lenses before shifting his eyes to look away. "I don't know what that means so- I don't know- don't over think it. I'm still confused..."

But you weren't. You knew how he felt. You could hear his thoughts, feel his feelings; you knew what he felt, even if he didn't realise what it was. You shifted closer to him, suddenly emboldened by his thoughts, and cupped his still tear-stained cheek.

"Kususo," you softly began, smirking, "you might be confused, but I can hear your thoughts right now. I know exactly how you feel."

You leaned in even closer, your faces barely a centimetre apart.

"And I'm not confused at all."

Then, you kissed him.