Don't

"Is this how a panic attack feels?" Saiki briefly wondered as dashed upstairs towards the roof. Gods, it was awful. "I can't believe (Y/n) has to go through all this everyday... more than all this even..." Was he really thinking of you right now? He'd somewhat managed to keep you off his mind before, but now you were all he could think about as he sat curled up in a tense ball, trying so hard to fold in on himself and be invisible. The rational thought that he could already turn invisible didn't occur to him.

His eyes stung and felt as though would burst like an overdone potato. Choked sobs forced their way out of his mouth no matter how hard he fought them down and he was shaking wildly. He'd never been so out of control of himself in his life. He was terrified. Was this normal? Why was he feeling like this? Why could he only think of you?

People say that love can break you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had always had trouble blocking out particularly loud thoughts. Some people's minds were just more prominent than others. Some people's emotions were so strong that it was hard not to hear. There were always those strange minds that were louder than others.

Then, there was Saiki.

You always had some trouble blocking him out, but now... now, it was overwhelming. He was practically screaming for help in his head. Screaming for you. He seemed so... broken. Had you done this? You shook your head, that didn't matter right now. He needed you. That was all that mattered.

You burst through the double doors to the roof, looking frantic and turning back around sharply to set the doors back in their hinges. You didn't have time for this. Screw being sparing with your powers. You dropped the doors and snapped your fingers, the heavy masses obediently snapping into place in less than a second. You weren't going to waste time and energy keeping your abilities in check. In the back of your mind, however, you desperately hoped Kusuo wouldn't be too shocked at your sudden fractional use of your overwhelming power.

Crying. You heard crying. Rapid thoughts, unsteady breaths, muffled cries, stinging tears, aching heart. Kusuo. You appeared at his side instantaneously, your face so etched with worry and uncertainty that you could've been another person. Kusuo still thought you were beautiful; the corners of your red lips faintly curled into a small smile at his thoughts. Sweet boy... You sank down next to him and gently, tentatively wiped a tear from his flushed cheek. He sniffled. He couldn't bring himself to look at you. What had you done?

"Kusuo," you began, "I-"

"Don't." He sounded so sad, so confused, so broken. "Don't comfort me, don't pretend to like me. You've made it clear you hate me." You opened you mouth to interrupt but he just glared at you and continued.

"Don't try to lie. It doesn't matter... just-" he sighed "-just, please... please, I can't see you get like this." His voice broke and tears began to stream down his face once more.

"I know I'm the last person you'd talk to about you problems... but I am here and you don't need to do thi-"

"Shut up." He looked up at your serious face. "Stop assuming all this crap about how I think and feel. You don't know. That's that."

You knew his next question. "No, I don't hate you. How could I? You're..." You trailed off before you could say anything more about your embarrassing feelings about him. "Well, I suppose it doesn't matter what you are. You know why I've been avoiding you." You locked eyes with him. "You know what I am... except, you don't really know what I'm capable of, Kusuo... no one does..."