Chapter Sixteen: Elena

I startle awake after hearing arguing from behind the door. I hate myself for it but ease drop and listen to the whole conversation. He said I'm the one. He said it. To his Father. Holy Mooses. I can't believe it. I knew there were feelings, I could always feel it but now... Now I know for sure.

I sit up and smooth my hair as the door opens and Rooben walk back inside.

'Good Morning...' I mumble quietly and he smiles at me.

'Good Morning beautiful.' Rooben replies as he walks towards me and grabs my cheeks and plants a soft kiss on my lips. Ahh... So cute.

'I umm... I heard what you said to your Father...' I admit softly and I can tell from his eyes that he already knew.

'All of it?'

'I... think so?'

'Even about me taking you to London for a few weeks...?'

I gasp because, no, I did not know about that.

'You're what?!' I ask so shocked and so stunned and full of excitement.

'Yeah.... I want... I want to show you my city...' Rooben says, a little shyly which is adorable.

I basically jump out of the bed and tackle him and hug him because boys don't even hold doors for me, let alone take me to Europe.

'I've never been on a plane before...' I admit and Rooben smiles.

'Yeah I know... I want to experience a lot of firsts with you...'

I blush because I don't think we're talking about aeroplanes anymore.

Rooben continues, 'I wanna take you to see Oxford, your future school!'

'Oh my God, yes! I am so excited. When do you wanna go?'

'How about tomorrow and we go for a week?'

I smile from ear to ear because, other than seeing the mooses with my mom when I was eight, this is gonna be the best vacation ever.

After Rooben and I ate some breakfast and watched some Netflix in his room, I told him that I have to call my Mom and tell her about our plans.

The phone rings three times before Mom's cheery voice answers the call.

'Yello darling!'

'Hi Mom, how are you doing?'

'I'm good my sweet girl, Washington is lovely this time of year.'

'Yeah great,' I cut her off and continue quickly, 'I'm going to London tomorrow...'

There is a slight pause as I hear her sigh.

'This isn't about that college is it Elena? We spoke about it. We can't afford for you to go to college! Especially in Europe!'

'But Mom! I got a full scholarship... All expenses paid and anyway... Rooben's taking me...'

Another long pause.

'Heh?' Mom responds and I continue.

'Yeah... we... me and him... Him and I... We're together.'

'Since.... Since when?'

I fill Mom on a SOME of the details of our relationship leaving out the kissing and sleeping in the same bed and stuff and she's shocked. Before she can even respond properly I cut her off.

'This is my life Mom. I love you and I am grateful for all the stuff you have done for me but this is my life. My choice. I am nearly an adult. I can do what I want to do.... I love you but... It is my time to be me... I am going to London tomorrow Mom.' I say and I hang up the phone.

A knock on my huts door startles me and I open it to see Rooben standing there. Before I can even say come in or anything Rooben bursts out.

'I need to tell you something before we go tomorrow...'
His serious tone has me concerned and we walk over to sit on my floor mattress.

'Is everything okay?' I ask tentatively.

'There are somethings you don't know about me... And... I have never told anyone before... Okay? I just need to tell you before we leave tomorrow.' I nod and he continues. 'Something that people don't know is that... There are four Antonopoulos children. There were four Antonopoulos children. So Sterling and I are twins right? But we... we had another brother. A triplet...A triplet that I killed.'