Chapter Twenty-Two: Elena

After eating the best meal of my life, Rooben and I went back to the hotel we are staying in. I think it's called The Connaught Hotel and it is beautiful. The ordered food and got it brought up to us. There is a gourmet bakery here in London that Rooben swears by and I tried an array of different baked goods. I tried a 'pasty' and sausage roll from the gourmet place called Le Greggs. It was stunning. I hope it comes to Canada. All I can say is that Le Greggs sure does beat eating beans for breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner and dinner.

'How did you like your meal?' Rooben asks as we lay on the couch and stroke our full stomachs.

I nod, blissed out as I stare at the ceiling. Rooben's chuckle reverberates through the living room area.

'What should we do this evening?' I ask.

'Let's maybe do a tour of the city on one of those tour bus things...'

I nod again, excited.

* * *

I don't understand. The song, 'London Bridge is falling down...'is a big ole pile of bullshit because Roo and I literally saw the bridge. As well as Buckingham Palace and the London Eye and Rooben promised that hopefully tomorrow we will actually go on it! How cool. When I was a kid and my dad died, I always dreamed of coming to London. My dad went to college here and that's why I wanted to come to the university here. As soon as I got the acceptance email I knew that this was the place for me.

Sitting on a park bench outside Sherk's Adventure, Rooben holds my hand as we lick ice pops and sit in a comfortable silence. I want to say it. I really want to say it and get it off my chest. I want to shout it from the rooftops and get it tattooed on my face. I love you Rooben. I love you with all my heart and soul and ass. But I don't think he's ready to hear it. But you know what? I know he loves me. What kind of man takes a 'friend' across the world to the place they have always wanted to go. No. He loves me back. I know that will a hundred percent certainty.

'Oh God,' Rooben says as he looks up at the now turning grey sky, 'Let's go back home before we get absolutely drenched.'

I nod smiling as Rooben takes my hand and we make a quick dash to the driver who is holding an umbrella towards us. The drive back to the hotel is nice and short and we arrive with only the slightest bit of dampness clinging to us.

'I'm gonna take a quick shower.' Rooben says to me and I smile at him.

'Go ahead.'

I sit on the bed as I hear the shower running in the ensuite and an idea pops into my head. An idea so unlike me that I am shooked for a few seconds but my new found boldness lets me unbutton my jacket and shrug it off my shoulders. I peel my 'Carpe Diem' top and take it off. Unbuttoning my jeans I walk to the ensuite door and pull them all the way off and open the bathroom door. Come on Elena. You can do this. The close the door behind me. I pull the shower door open and I gasp as steam covers Rooben body but I can see the outline of his.... His huge.... I stare at it.

'Elena baby...' Rooben starts. 'What are you....'

'I wanna touch it....' I admit quietly. If I don't make eye contact then I won't be embarrassed.

'Sweetheart.... I look at me...'

I don't. I just keep staring.

Rooben tilts my chin up softly, 'It's okay my love. Just tell me why you came in here. Almost naked.'

'I want you... I'm scared but i want...'

Rooben nods, 'I get it. I want you too but I don't think you're ready for this jelly.'

I nod because he is right. I'm not ready for sexuals but I want to do something. I look pleadingly into his eyes and he understands completely what I need and want. He pulls me fully into the huge shower and kisses me passionately as my bra and panties get drenched. We keep kissing and kissing until he lift me and wraps my legs around his waist and pushing my back against the opposite wall and we become frantic. Making out like there is no tomorrow. It's too much and I can't breathe. I pull away from the earth shattering kiss.

I pant against his lips, 'I can't... I can't breathe...'

Rooben smiles, 'Then let's get you to a bed.'

I don't see what that has to do with my asthma but I jump down from his waist and we walk out of the shower and collapse onto the QuYeet sized mattress. Rooben takes me into his arms and we cuddle until we fall asleep.