Texting [Mark Beaks]

*A/N: when you text, it's in italics, and when Mark texts, it's in bold

Hey, you free for a sec?

You pressed send on the message, delivering it to one of your friends. She had just gotten a new number so you asked someone to give it to you.

Unfortunately, they messed it up slightly.

Uh, who is this?

You heard the ding come from your phone before reading it. This caught you by surprise. How could someone you knew forget you number? She was always good at remembering things, and she had your phone number down pat after a week of trying.

'Maybe she's just tired and forgot what my number looks like.' You thought to yourself as you typed in an answer.

It's me, (Y/N)!

That's when things took another strange turn.

I have no idea who you are. Do you have the right number?

You laughed to yourself. Your friend was always such a jokester.

Oh come on (friend's name)! You've known me for years! Stop messing with me!

The smile on your face was radiant, due to the fact that you got to play this little "game".

Look (Y/N), I'm sorry to say that you really do have the wrong number. I have no idea who you are or who (friend's name) is.

You laughed and rolled you eyes, muttering about how stupid your friend could be sometimes.

Really? Then who are you?

You enjoyed playing along, but this wasn't a game you should have been playing.

My name is Mark Beaks, Duckburg's newest and youngest billionaire.

You blinked a few times as you read that. That joke was a bit much, especially because your friend knew you had always wanted to meet him and that he was also your "celebrity" crush.

Prove it.

You knew she couldn't get out of that one. A photo would work, because she could just take any photo of Mark and send it.

You press the call button on your phone, and it began to dial. You waited a few seconds before it was picked it.

"Are you happy now?" A male voice called from the other side of the phone. That was not your friend, because that was indeed Mark Beaks. You panicked, silently breathing and trying to think of what to say.

"I am so, so sorry Mister Beaks. My friend is such a jokester that I thought she was pranking me through text." You apologized, expecting him to hang up on you immediately. He didn't.

"Are you free around now?" He wondered as you gulped and responded. "No, I was trying to confide in (friend's name) to talk, but I have to leave for work. You know I should really hang up though.."

You removed the phone from your face and about to press the hang up button, but you heard Mark speaking. "Look, I need someone to talk to as well. If you're free later, would you mind texting me?"

You could barely believe it. Mark Beaks, THE Mark Beaks wanted you to text him so the two of you could talk. You smiled and agreed before hanging up.

You could not wait for work to be over.